We OBPI in texas need to get together (other states are welcome LOL)

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
frankie

We OBPI in texas need to get together (other states are welcome LOL)

Post by frankie »

Hey everyone,
I think It would help me and hopefully others to have some real contact with OBPI persons. With all the great internet specials and a little research I am sure we can put something together.
Let me know what you think and if there is enough interest maybe we can start on it.

Frankie
Susana

Re: We OBPI in texas need to get together (other states are welcome LOL)

Post by Susana »

Frankie, it is a great idea, but I think TBPI should be included too. I live in Houston and I have TBPI.
kamren

Post by kamren »

I agree...it would be great to have a get together here in TX:)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The more the merry sorry about that anyone that comes would be great.

Frankie
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Frankie

At camp UBPN last Sept we had a group of OBPI/Adult and TBPI/adults and we really had a great time together... of couse we all found out we have strange sense of humor... but we did pleanty of laughing...
I hope this works out for you guys...

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

I am TBPI from MI but am always looking to get away where it is warm. Let me know! We have tried to get this going a few times but it just never gets off the ground! Im defo in for some fun!

Court xo
Susana

Post by Susana »

I have never been to a bpi get together, how is it done? speakers? family? I have no idea.
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

It can be anything really! You can just a a get together where BPI come for the weekend and just put a name with a face, shop, drink, pools, hottubs, chat, whatever. Or it can involve doctors and therapists and such. Either really is a good time!

COurt xo
frankie

Post by frankie »

Now that I know yall are interested let's start the ball rolling. I live in the hill country (Kerrville, TX) and it is a beatuiful place to visit in the spring/summer. With many shops in town and in surrounding small towns. Also about 50 miles from San Antonio. I am sure we could all get together sometime. Are there any volunteers who would like to help me organize this? I am a poor college student LOL and can't pay to rent anything out. But maybe we could all chip in some money to get a place. If you are interested and have any ideas please email me at cheekee101@yahoo.com . Hopefully we can get something going. Frankie
whenimsixty4

Post by whenimsixty4 »

Sorry to resurrect a 'dead' thread, but did anything come of this? I live in McLennan Co. and would be interested in meeting other OBPI adults. I'm curious to see how this injury appears in others- I've always thought I was mostly alone when it came to my "bad" arm!