Any mother's with continuing physical pain?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
anotherbpimom...

Any mother's with continuing physical pain?

Post by anotherbpimom... »

Hi. It's been 2 years and I still have pain from my injury. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, and if you have any advise.
joseph

Re: Any mother's with continuing physical pain?

Post by joseph »

any MOTHER's with pain? Do you mean a BP injury or an injury during delivery to the delivering mother?
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

I think she means she has a TBPI and has pain from that still and is looking for other mom's with pain from a TBPI or OBPI themselves.
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
anotherbpimom...

Hi. I mean pain to the mother from delivery.
jill's mom

Post by jill's mom »

Not sure to what you are experiencing but you should not still be in any physical pain. Probably should share this with your doctor. There are many complications that can arise with any delivery especially a complicated one such as shoulder dystocia. One thing I have learned through all of this is to trust yourself. If an explantion you receive from a doctor just doesn't sound right and you know something is wrong ask another and another until someone listens and makes sense to you.
anotherbpimom...

Yes, I've consulted a few doc's, but thank you for your reply.
Mardelle

Post by Mardelle »

Hi Sweets...
I am 22 years TBPI and everyday 24/7...depending on the severity of your injury I believe...it may be reduced over time...got to do alot of things to keep busy. Write me if you need some coaching...
With Peace & Sisterhood
Mardelle
Mardelle

Post by Mardelle »

Sorry I thought you were asking about the TBPI Pain...
I don't think there should be any pain after 2 years...I had 3 children all natural. Best to follow up with your Nureologist to see if it's not nerve related. I have had some wild things occur in other places in my body, that are far from my arm.
joseph

Post by joseph »

Yes! I had a severe symphasis seperation that started while I was carrying my 11 lb baby and stayed because of the birth. A 2 inch seperation to be exact. The most horrific, excrutiating pain ever. I still hurt on occation 2 yrs 11 months later. And I have substantial weekness in my leg on my left side. I had Physical Therapy for about two months after the birth. When i lay on my side and squeeze my knees together I can still feel my pubic bone seperate. It's a gross feeling.
claudia

Post by claudia »

Do a search on the website for mother's pain and things like that. I know we have covered this issue before. You are not alone in the pain department.

claudia