Gloves / Cold and more ?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
francine

Gloves / Cold and more ?

Post by francine »

last year I bought maia good gloves and she would rarely wear them because she felt they were too bulky...

so this year I bought her thin little mittens - just cotton coverings - hoping that she would wear them...

so it snows today and she goes out to play in the snow and the gloves are not warm enough - she comes in sob crying that her affected hand hurts her so much from the cold. Well I got her undressed fast and got her into a hot bath. Her arm was purple and her scar was dark blue! Learned a lesson - out comes the long underwear!

Do any of you know where I can get really thin gloves (not bulky) but that are warm (maybe thinsulate or something like that) ??

thanks,
francine
admin
Site Admin

Re: Gloves / Cold and more ?

Post by admin »

Please be VERY CAREFUL putting a cold bpi arm into a hot bath-always warm it up slowly first. The circulation is poor on that side and you can cause damage to the blood vessels warming it up too quickly.
LisaL

Post by LisaL »

Francine,

I would try Lands End Kids or LLBean. They might have a pair of thinsulate. Any ski store probably has some for children also. I hope you find some quick. You have been in our prayers.

Lisa
stateilx3

Post by stateilx3 »

I use the thin dollar store type too for my little guy, however, I use two pair at once and then I SCOTCH GARD them....it helps with the water issue. You almost have to scotch gard everytime after they are used, but I find it helps alot. My son has issues with getting any other type of glove on. They are just too restricting for him to get his affected hand into. That is why the cheapie kind work best for us. They are big enough for him to manuever in. By the way....scotch gard both pair, boots too, it really saves on water issues !!!
stateilx3

Post by stateilx3 »

Kohl's sells thinsulate gloves.....also, try the second hand stores, they seem to have alot of the more expensive type, thinner type gloves.......CHEAP, that way you can experiment without it costing alot of money. !!!!
Tessie258

Post by Tessie258 »

O.K.Guys I'm being mean......In Arizona I don't think Jameson has EVER worn a pair of gloves!!! It's way to warm here!!!! I think he'd have a hard time putting them on anyway.......It's getting down to 40's at night and 70's during the day! <:}
francine

Post by francine »

Throwing a big old banana pie with lots of whipped on it in your face Tessie!!! [[[[[[[[ BLAM ]]]]]]]]]]]

HAHAHAHAHAH