has anyone had movement after surgery

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
troy

Re: has anyone had movement after surgery

Post by troy »

hi i was wondering how long post accident did she have her op just that because that it will be 7 months for me and just hoping im still in that window to give me the best chance
srhykerd

Post by srhykerd »

She had her accident on Nov. 13, 2005 and then had her nerve and muscle transfers at the end of April 2006. It was almost 6 months. The Mayo team likes to do the nerve transfers before the 6 month mark, but I have heard of others that have had them beyond this point. Everyone's case is different.
racerboy

Post by racerboy »

troy- i just passed the 3 month post-op mark, but I still have litte improvement. I just started noticing that when I lift my right arm to my right shoulder (using my normal left arm), I feel a tingling in my palm. The only reason I even mention this is that when I went in to see Dr. Wolfe for my 3-month post-op exam, he was doing the same thing and asked me if I felt anything in the hand (I'm guessing that the flexion is triggering the transfered median/ulnar nerves). I didn't feel anything in his office, but just started noticing it this week.

Dr Wolfe didn't seem too surprised. He said it's 'only' been 3 months. Seems like a lifetime to me. Like other people have said here, everyone is different.

I had my 4 nerve transfers 1 day shy of the 6-month post-injury mark.

Message was edited by: racerboy

Message was edited by: racerboy
troy

Post by troy »

interesting. ive ahad a sensitive upper arm for maybe last month but the last week approx it has become more sensitive to touch and even unberriable to wash my arm pit with any force whats so ever because of the severe pins and needles sensation that brings. and the tapping slightly of the tricep and bicep area still sends pins and needles to hand and fingures.