Blisters on affected hand

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
joseph

Blisters on affected hand

Post by joseph »

My son woke up this morning with three blisters on his fingers. One had burst and now it's an open sore. This has happend once before when he was just learning to crawl/scoot and we assumed it was because he was dragging his arm along. He's two now and I don't know how he got the blisters. He isn't bothered by them because he can't feel pain on his fingers but it looks pretty narley. Has anybody else had this problem? any suggestions as to what it might be? I really don't think that he touched anything hot.
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Re: Blisters on affected hand

Post by F-Litz »

it could be eczema
this is how Maia's eczema show's up on Maia's fingers
Its1105
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: RTBPI - injured during a right cervical rib resection on 12/3/2008 for thoracic outlet syndrome. The doctor completely transected the lateral cord at C5-C6 Erb's pointe and the suprascapular nerve. Had a nerve repair done on 12/12/2008 to reattach the nerves. Did two years of OT. I have some issues with overuse issues with my left shoulder and also have come to find that my joints are hypermobile so I have instability in the joints which causes a lot of problems such as pressure and pain.

Post by Its1105 »

Could be dishyrosis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyshidrosis). It is a type of eczema that develops blisters.

Or perhaps just a coincidence if he is allergic to something that he might have touched
--
Marie
RTBPI December 2008
C5-C6
BIGJAVSMA

Post by BIGJAVSMA »

jojo gets these all the time. his affected hand sweats profusely and this is also how his excema shows on his hand. we use neosporin for open and have a running script for hydrocortisone.

-Marlyn mom to Javier 5 y/o ROBPI
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

we use hylands SILICEA (cell salt)
it helps with the eczema and protects nerves, etc.
it melts under your tongue

http://www.hylands.com/cellsalts/

BIGJAVSMA: be VERY careful with hydrocortisone - honestly, I would stay away from any kinds of steroids. Even topicals get absorbed. My mother just passed away from sepsis that could not be contained because of the thinning and splitting of her skin everywhere from steroids. I would also stay away from Elidel. The cell salts are just pure minerals.