ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Nancy (Eric's Mom)

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by Nancy (Eric's Mom) »

Hi Tanya,

Sorry to hear of what you're going through. We've all been there. You'll get alot of support here and from the site Lizzy gave you a link to. (P.S. Lizzy - great job!). When TBPI happened to "us" I read every single posting and learned so much. Don't hesitate to ask for help. I am the mother of a 22 year old son who got his injury 2 years ago from a car accident.

Roy185

Post by Roy185 »

Hi, my name is Roy from California. I have a right arm bpi as a result of surgery.
archaeo

Post by archaeo »

Hi Tanya! Tell your boyfriend that being tbpi is not the end of the world. Of those on the list, I've had it the longest - 48 years. Worse thing you can do is to sit there saying I can't do it. You may have to be a little creative at times but most things can be done. My friends have finally learned not to challenge me in pool. Stop and think about that for a second - a one-armed pool shark. Of course, it did not happen overnight. Patience and persistence. If you want to discuss things off-board, I'm at fieldstomper@hotmail.com Bill
Steve L.

Post by Steve L. »

Steve Loudermilk,36 yrs old,Nebo NC,OBPI. NEXT
Steve L.

Post by Steve L. »

Tell Tim he can do any DAMN thing HE wants to do.
I've been BPI since birth,I'm 36,I've done all sorts of crap.I've even been in surveying & mapping for the last 12 yrs.
E mail me if you'd like to rap.
lilfeat@wnclink.com
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

bumping this back up again.......welcome all newbies :0)
highlander_1406

Post by highlander_1406 »

hi i have a BPI to my right arm due to a motorcycle accident i am 18 live in caithness in scotland uk
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi my name is Patrick and I have right arm BPI caused by motorcycle injury. I am very new to this since my accident was 2 months ago. I am trying to educate my self, so any information that anyone can give me would be useful and appreciated.

Patrick
patricknguyen@pdq.net
Paul

Post by Paul »

Wellcome Patrick where you from? Me NY. Where was your acedent? Thairs lots of info and Web conections all thru the postings just take time lots of time to read them all. Paul
Paul

Post by Paul »

Stuart tell us more how are doing? Have you had surgery? Thair are some great doctors in your area. Paul