Making personal Slings, Who would want them???

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Shep

Making personal Slings, Who would want them???

Post by Shep »

I have been fed up with the standard slings that we buy from medical supply companies. They are ugly and are never comfortable to wear.

I have been working with a leatherman for a couple months designing my own sling. I am making it out of deer and cow hide. I prefer deer cause its very light and soft. Since I am a biker, I like a lot of grommets,studs and buckles on my sling. But being you can choose from hundreds of buckles, grommets, clasps etc... I feel anyone can create and make your sling look different everyday, or change the look for the occasion.

I will post some pics of what I have created thus far. But thought I would throw it out here as to who would really buy one. These are not sport slings like Dan makes, these are for casual/dress wear. But made from breathable leather/suede. My first demo sling looks fantastic, and I am working the flaws out on the second one.
I can create them with any color of leather you want, and any color of stitching. And litterally hundreds of styles of clamps, buckles, buttons or magnets. I am so sick of velcro I will never use it again.

If anyone would be interested please send me an email. I will send pics of what I have done, and see if anyone would consider one. I can custom make pretty much anything, as long as i get a good understanding of the design you want.
email fxst_custom@yahoo.com

My goal is to be able to make these and sell them for around $100 If possible I would like to do it for less. I feel the price I been paying for my ultimate sling is ridiculous. Why the medical field charges the amount they do for something so simple just pisses me off.

This way you will have a sling that is like no other. You design it, and interchange pieces to make it look different from day to day.

Please fill me in on your thoughts. I am open ears...
Shep