Chicago Fundraiser

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
andream

Chicago Fundraiser

Post by andream »

Two Little Monkeys ( www.twolittlemonkeys.org ) will be holding our Second Annual Fundraiser April 30th in Chicago. We would love for anyone in and/or around Chicago to attend!

This event, which includes our Silent Auction, is our primary fundraising event. Last year, with over 150 people in attendance, our T-shirt sale and Silent Auction items raised over $10,000 for the BP Team at the Philadelphia Shriners Hospital. We hope to build on this success in 2009.

This year's event will have great food, cheap drinks, live music, new T-shirts and the Silent Auction. Please help us give back to Shriners Hospital for the exceptional care they have provided our daughter Ally and so many other children who suffer from this injury.

If you cannot attend, please consider purchasing a T-shirt from our website or a donation (we are a 501(c)(3) organization).

Please visit our website for more information about the event.

www.twolittlemonkeys.org

Thank you!

Andrea
mommieinneed

Re: Chicago Fundraiser

Post by mommieinneed »

How much are the tickets.
andream

Post by andream »

There is no cost to attend the event.

Instead, we hope that people will buy shirts, participate in the Silent Auction or consider a small donation.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Andrea
jill's mom

Post by jill's mom »

See you there. Sounds like the donations are more in need than ever to Shriners.
Kaiden'smom

Post by Kaiden'smom »

We live to far to attend, wish we could be there. Good luck with your efforts, I'll be sure to order a shirt. They do great work there at Shriners, my son has improved so much since his ACR surgery in October, just amazing.
andream

Post by andream »

Alright Jeanette!

Yes, Shriners can use all the help they can get right now....
andream

Post by andream »

Thank you, Meredith. I am so glad to hear that Kaiden is doing well post-ACR. And I hope his recovery is far from over, Ally seems to improve daily still!
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

How did the event go?

Hope it was truly successful!

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 6 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
andream

Post by andream »

Tanya -

Thank you so much for asking!

The event was outstanding. We were honored to have Dr. Scott Kozin, his wife, his two nurses Linda and Maureen, two OT's Danielle and Sarah and Terry Diamond fly in from Philly for the evening. Our guests were thrilled to meet them and were greatly impressed by their support for and dedication to both our organization and Shriners Hospitals. Ken Levine also attended and made two wonderfully generous contributions to our Silent Auction. He was a big hit with all the Bears fans! We sold over 130 Two Little Monkeys shirts (we introduced some really awesome new designs/shirts - they are not yet on the website but will be very soon...) and did very well on the Silent Auction. I think a great time was had by all.

I will soon be posting more information about the event along with photos so please be sure to check out the website soon ( www.twolittlemonkeys.org ).

Thanks again for asking, that is really thoughtful of you.

Andrea
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

So glad it went well!

Marieke 33, LOBPI :)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com