KATH M... REPORT

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

KATH M... REPORT

Post by Carolyn J »

Just spoke with daughter Diane RN; Kath is home as of 1 hour ago and is ordered on bed rest & quiet.Went well and is on cardiac meds too. Let's hope she'll behave and mind her nurse!! ;) :)

All she needs is TLC and PRAYERS!!

HUGS all around,
Carolyn J
LOBPI/70
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Re: KATH M... REPORT

Post by F-Litz »

Carolyn, I feel like I'm missing half a story.. what happened to Kathleen? Did she have a cardiac event?
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

YES, 90% blockage in one artery so had a stent put in...& a 2nd blockage thought to be OK to be treated by newer cardio meds. Family has history of heart disease. She is supposed to have TOTAL bed rest...daughter is a Cardiac RN, thank God she can sit on her with DR.'s orders...she igorned chest pains because she thought it all was neuroBPI stuff...PLEASE do not ignore chest pains at any age!!!

Prayers please.

Carolyn J
LOBPI/70

Message was edited by: Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
AngieD

Post by AngieD »

Oh my goodness. I am glad she is doing well. She is in our thoughts and prayers. She better be staying in the bed and resting.

Please keep us updated.

Angie
TinaT

Post by TinaT »

Thanks for the update Carolyn....

Knowing Kath the way we do...........I'm wondering how her poor daughter is doing at "nursing" Mommy back to health :) My prayers are with her and I KNOW she'll make a speedy recovery, as she won't be able to stand too much bedrest.

Love you Kathllen, be well.

Tina
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

Thanks for letting us know. She'll by in our prayers.
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

YES, YES, Miss Tina! RN daughter has a very tough row to hoe, sitting on our Kath!!

We love you Kath,please be a good girl for dear DianeRN!!!

HUGS,
Carolyn J

[
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Thanks All
I've been a very good girl.
Total bed rest would never be me... But Diane was with Ralph and I in the hospital Cath lab. She use to work Open Heart step down unit there. So I was lucky her friends found a vein for my second IV in left arm. I've had more problems with them finding veins in my left arm then with the entire stent procedure. Getting people to understand that once the IV was in the crook of my left arm and I could not bend it... I was helpless to even get a drink was a task BUT an opportunity to EDUCATE some medical staff about OBPI and long term problems.

I had a 90% blockage in my RCA (right coronary artery) and 50/60% blockage in left anterior descending. I was surprised after the CT Scan with contrast when the doctor called. I completely ignored classic symptoms, pins and needles in unaffected arm , pain in arm, heavy feeling in chest and some chest pain... I thought were all neurological because I have some of these things any way from overuse.

I stayed as still as I could and could not wait to get OUT of the hospital! Friday I had a hard time sitting around but exhausted my self and realized I had to rest and over the weekend I was really good. So today I am back up and about and feeling good and catching up on emails etc.

Once again OBPI's tendency to adapt and ignore pain did not serve me well. But my sick sense of humor is still in tact because I thought it was funny that I had this done on April Fools Day... I had such classic symptoms I am blessed and lucky they caught this.

Thanks again for good wishes, prayers
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Jordansmom

Post by Jordansmom »

Prayers and continued recovery!
Cole's Mommy

Post by Cole's Mommy »

Yes...Big prayers for thanks and recovery!