Frankies Driving

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Mare

Re: Frankies Driving

Post by Mare »

Frankie is lobpi no restrictions on his lisence but they are aware of of his bpi he has no problems driving he reaches over the steering wheel to turn on blinkers and drives an automatic but its where a stick would be. I don't think he could drive a stick since he would have to let go of the steering wheel to shift. So far there have been no problems. By the way muscle car fans Frankie is the proud owner of a 68 firebird convertable (5 speed) and a 69 hard top firebird a gift from my sister she kept them from her teen yrs, I had a 70 chevelle SS but sold it when I needed money and I kick myself everyday.
Mare
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Like Chris and Carolyn, I reach through the steering wheel if I need to. My licence has always been restricted to power steering and automatic transmission. Since the last time I renewed my licence, it is also restricted to corrective lenses. I looked in the machine for the eye test and everything was too blurry! I had to put my glasses on and try again. :-(

Joanie, LOBPI, 60 years
claudia

Post by claudia »

Evan:
I am so envious of your 67 Camaro. I am a muscle car lover. Although, I must admit, I am a Mustang girl... my son's screen saver is the 2010 Mustang!

Enjoy that car, they just don't make them like that anymore.

If you're ever in NY, I hope you'll drop by and let me take her for a spin!!

claudia
Evan J

Post by Evan J »

Claudia,

If I'm ever in new york with my camaro I will for sure let you take it for a spin. Its dark blue and a convertible. Its definately not a daily driver though. Since ive owned it its never seen the rain. Trying to keep the rust off of it.

My mom still has the 67 mustang that she bought when she was 16. Its gold and still a pretty nice ride(even if it is a ford). Were a mainly chevy family though. My dads got a 64 chevelle and my brother has a 63 nova.

-Evan
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

I love the old car talk...since I rode in most of them, when they were new cars LOL...LOL. We had a great 65 Chevy Impala when we got married. I was driving a 55 Pontiac at the time. No power steering but automatic. I had my brothers car.

I never had a problem with driving nor any restrictions put on my license.

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
swhite1
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Bad fall in June of 2006
LTBPI

Post by swhite1 »

Hi Evan.
I just sent you a photo of a nice 67.

Back in 71 or 72 two friends built up a 67 Camaro and a 67 Firebird. Man those things flew. They used to do wheelies in the middle of town late at night and not too often. These machines were both something like a 350 and a 327? Both bored out to 400hp, painted black and identical to the bolt except for the badges. I am in no way sure of all that. I think that is what I remember??? Crazy huh? What do you think of the new Camaro?
I'm also a Chevy man. I'll never forget those cars just the particulars.
Peace out and pedal to the metal.