anyone live in or around fairfield/suisun ,CA??

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
smdonner

anyone live in or around fairfield/suisun ,CA??

Post by smdonner »

hello my name is sabrina and i am 25. i have OBPI on my right side since birth. i have limited movement and shortening of the arm. i was wondering if anyone close to my age lives around me?? i have never met anyone else with an injury like mine and would like to talk or meet with someone that shares my disability. i live in fairfield/suisun but work in sacramento. any one close that would like to hang out let me know!

sabrina
MO_911

Re: anyone live in or around fairfield/suisun ,CA??

Post by MO_911 »

hi sabrina just letting you know that you are not alone i also never met someone with my condition i guess you have the same problem with your right arm as me nice to know that i'm not the only one
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Re: anyone live in or around fairfield/suisun ,CA??

Post by marieke »

Most of us on the board here have/had never met anyone else with OBPI either :)

Some of us have been fortunate enough to be able to go to the UBPN Camp that is held every 2 years (or so). The next one is in 2010. The place changes every time, so it's not in one set place. Last one was in 2007 in Auburn (Seattle), Washington. It was the first time I was able to go and finally got to meet the many people on here that I "talk" to.

Welcome to the message boards! Visit and post on any board and ask any and all questions!

Marieke, 33 LOBPI
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com