Who's @ The Mayo?

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
brentr6
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Motorcycle accident Oct 8, '06. TBI and LTBPI. Brachial Plexus Reconstructive surgery at the Mayo by Shin/Bishop/Spinner Jul '07. Gracilis muscle transfer for new bicep is working somewhat, still have a way to go-no hand-to-mouth motion yet!

Who's @ The Mayo?

Post by brentr6 »

I'm headed back to see the awesome Shinn/Bishop/Spinner Team on the 3rd. I'll be getting up there the morning of the 2nd and I hope some of you are there! Anyone...
msjdgal

Re: Who's @ The Mayo?

Post by msjdgal »

we are at mayo scheduled for surgery mon 3/2/09 at 6am - we will be in st marys for @ 6 days - staying at the springhill suites - 21 yr old son has severe left bpi -
AngelaW
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: X

Post by AngelaW »

LOL. the questin is when am I not at Mayo? I'm there 9th, 12th, and 18th (surgery, yay.) It's a good thing I'm omly about 45 minutes away.
Whwn you see dr.shin, ask him if he's had any kimchee (korean cabbage pickle) He's Korean like me and love of the stuff is in our genes. You can also greet him with an Anyangseo (pronounced ahn-yahng-say-oh) It means hello/goodbye in korean.
brentr6
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Motorcycle accident Oct 8, '06. TBI and LTBPI. Brachial Plexus Reconstructive surgery at the Mayo by Shin/Bishop/Spinner Jul '07. Gracilis muscle transfer for new bicep is working somewhat, still have a way to go-no hand-to-mouth motion yet!

Post by brentr6 »

I will try and come see your son, I have a 21 yr son also. Is it in St. Mary?

Thanks for the words Angela, and I love chimchee also. Just had some spicy last week!
msjdgal

Post by msjdgal »

yes, we are in neuro icu - we'd love to meet you - he went into surgery yesterday at 7 am and went to his room at 7:30 pm - jesse deemeer - st marys
AngelaW

Post by AngelaW »

Hope everything went smoothly and recovery is speedy!
msjdgal

Post by msjdgal »

son just got moved to a room from icu (what nice rooms here at mayo) surgery was a lot more intense and painful then we expected - we are on day 4 and unsure yet of discharge date - son required 4 units of blood yesterday n we are stuggling a little with oxygen - the staff here are wonderful - we had the blessing of meeting brent - he came to our room at st marys - words can not describe how it feels to physically meet someone (a very wonderful guy) who has the same similar type of injury - i am sure we will keep in contact with him - thank you brent for taking the time to meet with us, it was very special for us - you are doing great and give us hopes - shelly
AngelaW

Post by AngelaW »

I hope your son is doing better. You can never predict how recovery will go. I will be in Mayo on the 10 and if you're stll there I would love to visit you guys though, hopefully you're on your way home right now:)