Reply here if you are reading this TBPI forum regularly!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Christopher
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Date of Injury: 12/15/02

Level of Injury:
-dominant side C5, C6, & C7 avulsed. C8 & T1 stretched & crushed

BPI Related Surgeries:
-2 Intercostal nerves grafted to Biceps muscle,
-Free-Gracilis muscle transfer to Biceps Region innervated with 2 Intercostal nerves grafts.
-2 Sural nerves harvested from both Calves for nerve grafting.
-Partial Ulnar nerve grafted to Long Triceps.
-Uninjured C7 Hemi-Contralateral cross-over to Deltoid muscle.
-Wrist flexor tendon transfer to middle, ring, & pinky finger extensors.

Surgical medical facility:
Brachial Plexus Clinic at The Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
(all surgeries successful)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
~Theodore Roosevelt

Re: Reply here if you are reading this TBPI forum regularly!

Post by Christopher »

Happiest of Birthdays to Rick!!!

May he have many unexpected surprises of joy & heath this year!

Cheers,
Chris
swhite1
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Bad fall in June of 2006
LTBPI

Post by swhite1 »

Happy Birthday Rick.
Really horrible accident.
I'm sure glad you are able to celebrate your 43rd birthday as well.
You have a lot to be thankful for so be patient. Let Kim help you as much as she wants.
There is no shame in asking for help either.
My best to you Kim and thank you for being there for Rick.
Please email me for anything I can do or questions I can help you with?
Scott
acanneg

Post by acanneg »

Are you the injured, spouse, parent or other: I am the injured one.
How long injured: about 24.5 yrs
OBPI or TBPI: ROBPI
How were you injured: birth
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Myself---
LOBPI age 70

Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Hi

I am from South Africa. Had a TBPI of the right arm in 1983 due to a motorcycle accident. Had a succesful DREZ lesion in 1992. Pain is back after an absence of 15 years. Had another DREZ in Jan 2009 but was not succesful.
Chillywil91

Post by Chillywil91 »

I visit this site pretty regularly. I was injured 10-17-07. A delivery van crossed the median on the expressway and the first car it hit was the one I was driving. BPI on the left arm. I still have some use of my hand though. Elbow was shattered in the accident. Its fused now. I'm due for surgery to unfuse it soon. The doctors didn't even realize I had a BPI until my shoulder started to atrophy. I had so many other injuries and was so out of it there was no way to know. Anyways I check here on a regular basis to see how others are dealing and see if there's progress in stem cell treatments.
lgonda

Post by lgonda »

Hi I am Mum to son with LTBP Don't know if he has been on to read, but I visit at least twice per week. live in South Africa
Date 26 Nov 2003
Motorcycle accident 125cc. Driver in parent's Merc turned into sideroad, blocking mainroad.Hitting side of car, my son went up, down on roof, catapulted further and ended against sidewalk edge.Tarred road.
Injuries: torn kneecap-miracle situation - and it is functioning beautifully, Complete LTBI-C5 splitted and rerouted-weak biceps Some bleeding on brain - miracle-only slight possible frontal lobe problems .
Pain 24-7. Still with shooting lightning thru upper arm
and cooking oil pain in hand - By the grace of God, no meds, only shutting down and waiting for it to pass.
Thanx to all old timers- I am keeping track with hope in my heart. :)I have no idea how to handle this, but, also had no idea how to handle kids when we got them as babiesQ! :) Will trust God all the same- He did a great job with the kids! Luvja all :)
GMcG

Post by GMcG »

My name is Genevieve, I was injured in April of 2007 in a major car accident, TBPI.

I've been reading this website since a few months after my car accident in April of 2007. My dad is the one who told me about it, and like others have said I would feel lost without it. I had never heard of such an injury, most people won't unless it happens to them, so we are left to consult with the medical community for deeply personal questions -- and there is just no way they can be there all of the time. Thanks to everyone who shares.
trr_amesh

Post by trr_amesh »

Are you the injured, spouse, parent or other: I am the injured one from India my age is 34.
How long injured: 3 years
OBPI or TBPI: TBPI (Right)
How were you injured: Motor Cycle Accident.
After completed the prime operation the pain is 24 X 7.
No Limp & Fingures movement
robinj

Post by robinj »

Hello everyone! I read this forum regularly. I have a TBPI.I have been injured for 2 years. I had an anterior cervical disc fusion 5-6,6-7 April 13, 2007. One week post surgery, could not raise left arm and was told I have Parsonage-Turner. EMG shows damage to supraspinatus and infraspinatus. I have had some recovery,but am trying to deal with the pain. Still hoping for complete recovery by the end of 3 years.