Clavicle surgery injury

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Raquel129

Clavicle surgery injury

Post by Raquel129 »

Hello everyone. In March of '08 I was in an accident and broke my collar bone. My ortho doc said the bone was not healing properly, and I should have a plate put in. I had the surgery (June 9th), which included a nerve block which was supposed to wear off in 24 hrs. 48 hrs later, I still could not feel or move my (left) arm. It has been determined that somehow during the surgery my BP was stretched. Almost 4 weeks later now...I have some upper arm motion, and a bit of movement in my hand (two fingers sort of twitch if I concentrate real hard). Have any of you ever heard of anyone else being injured in this manner? I guess this is temporary, for which I am grateful, but it's still pretty devastating.
Mary Beth

Re: Clavicle surgery injury

Post by Mary Beth »

I had surgery to remove a lymph node under my arm and some how it caused a stretch BPI too. It has been 8 months now. I have use from my elbow down now but from the shoulder to the elbow still gives me trouble. if I can answer any questions feel free to email me @ mbcameron12@aol.com

Mary Beth
miserbank0312

Post by miserbank0312 »

Raquel,
Wow. I had a cervicle laminectomy done here in Indianapolis and had basically the same thing happen. The surgery was 10/06. I did a tremendous amount of research and saw Spinner at Mayo and a Dr. in St. Louis as well as several here in Indy. I had no movement in my right triceps for 6 months and then, bingo, overnight i had movement. I have had permanent damage to C5 and C6 in both arms but can do nearly anything short of lifting anything over my head. My wife's a doctor which helped with all the research I did. My email address is miserbank0312@yahoo.com if you want to email me. I'll give you my phone number and I can give you a lot of information relevant to my experience. You can search this forum under my login name "miserbank0312" and see all of my posts and the progression.
Jerry in Indy
arman

Post by arman »

Hi Raquel129:

I had the same type of surgery in December 2008 and suffered a similar nerve injury in my left arm. I was just wondering how your recovery was going. Thanks