Awareness Week Is Here - Please Join.....

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Tami

Re: Awareness Week Is Here - Please Join.....

Post by Tami »

Lauren has held the hand of the group before us and holding Daddy's hand and then me and then Sydney (left obstetrical brachial plexus injury) and she is extending her left, injured arm waiting for the next family to hold that hand (with tears in my eyes)....

Happy Awareness Week
Darrin, Tami, Lauren and Sydney Schenck
Phoenix Arizona
Joy in FL

Post by Joy in FL »

Joy from St. Cloud, Florida, LBPI from a car accident October of 1991, holding hands with the family before me with my other hand reaching out for the next family....
Joy in FL is now living in Georgia!
Left TBI on October 31, 1991
Patty1

Post by Patty1 »

Cole Michael (5 yrs old), is stretching out is arm to hold Joy's hand from Ft. Campbell Ky. And next to Cole is his big brother Briar, then me, and finally his daddy, waiting for the next to join.....
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Beth from PA, friend of Joy, holding hands with those before me, and reaching for the next to join...
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

Jenny from way down in New Zealand here, holding hands on the left side, now someone just has to grab my bpi hand.....if you're a lbpi we're gonna have a problem! :0)
LeeAnne

Post by LeeAnne »

Michaela is holding Emilios' hand and I am holding Michaelas' and her Daddy(Roger)is holding mine.My father(Elgie)is holding Rogers' and my mother(Judy) is holding my dads' and waiting for the next person to take hers. Who will be next and take Judys' hand? All choked up! LeeAnne
LeeAnne

Post by LeeAnne »

I'm sorry I messed up the chain. I only saw the first page.Forgive me.LeeAnne
LeeAnne

Post by LeeAnne »

Michaela is LOBPI, so I'll grab Jenny's, not Emilios, and Michaela can grab mine, etc.,etc., LOL. Someone needs to grab my Moms' now(Judy).
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

The Ferguson Family joins hands and Emma takes Emilio's hand and extends her hand out to join the next person :o)
Rivers

Post by Rivers »

Baby Rivers is holding out her hand (ROBPI)along with her older sister Taylor. Thanks to all of you who write to this message board. It's been a great help these first few months.

God Bless you all!
The Heathman Family
Rice Lake, Wisconsin