Halloween is around the corner....

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Halloween is around the corner....

Post by admin »

Who is dressing up? =)
Mariella will be a little butterfly!
And Hannah is going to be Sponge Bob! (she is 3)
I wanted her to be a pretty fairy, but she insisted to dress as Sponge Bob! I couldn't say no.
What are your little ones' costumes for those of you who are going trick or treating?
~Krista~
Lenni

Re: Halloween is around the corner....

Post by Lenni »

Hi Krista and family! Ashley and Frannie cannot wait to dress up for Halloween. Ashley is going as a devil and Frannie as a Tiger. We let them choose their own costume this year.........!!

Hope you have fun, lenni
Paula

Post by Paula »

Hey Krista!
Well, since we are in Kansas I was thinking that maybe we could dress as Dorothy (me), toto (Aaron) and my older kids would be the rest of the gang. But, I am still trying to convince my kids though. I found this really cute puppy outfit for Aaron and it looks really warm. I just hope the weather cooperates and stays warm.
Paula
francine

Post by francine »

I have this feeling that Maia will be Bob The Builder (ugh)LOL LOL. This year I am putting a waist pack on Maia for her candy. Last year she carried a little bag in one hand but couldn't take the candy with her affected hand and it put her in a real predicament and she got so upset by it. (and the parents insist on having the child pick their own candy) This year, we're going to avoid the problem completely.
annedefiance

Post by annedefiance »

Bobby is going to be a ninja (for the 2nd time)and Ben is going to be Captain Feathersword (from the Wiggles) cause I can buy a pirate costume and a cheap sword, and a pack of feathers and glue, voila, homemade costume, lol,:D!! Was gonna dress him up as one of the Wiggles, cause then the clothes would be re-usable, but thought Capt. Feathersword would be cuter!!
tina arvizu

Post by tina arvizu »

Gabrielle is going to be "The Queen Bee". I am going to make her stroller into a Bee Hive with tons of little bees flying around her. She will be the big Bee with the crown. She will just be getting out of her Mod Quad splint so I want her to go in her stroller (good luck, right) The Island where we go for Trick or Treats (Grammy lives there) is very crowded and I am afraid of to many bumps and falls so early in the game.
marymom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Teen aged home birthed son with OBPI

Post by marymom »

what cute ideas, especially the queen bee, I LOVE it :)
Max is Spiderman, has been for months, we dyed long underwear, have red socks with fabric painted on webs- we bought gloves and Im going to try and do a red stocking cap with more fabric painted web-
Saraih will be a rock star with 6 inch heels and Zak will be a Star Wars guy (with a sword of course...so much for non violence)
great post :)
smorgan41

Post by smorgan41 »

Sammy will have his caps splint on at Halloween. He wants to be a robot/space guy with guns (see Marymom it isn't just your kids). Anyway, I've convinced him that it will be really cool to make his splint arm the weaponry arm. I'll cover paper towel rolls with alumninum foil and make something that will look a little like what all the transformer toys have. Oh well, he is excited about it. Anything to make the splint more bearable!
Karen Hillyer

Post by Karen Hillyer »

It all sounds excellent fun - over here in the UK children rarely dress up for halloween, and if they do they are always revolting things like vampires or ghosts!
I hope your children all ahve a safe and happy time
Karen