admin
Site Admin

Re: Surgery has any one had any success

Post by admin »

thanks Paul for telling me about this. thanks Bob
Rob25

Post by Rob25 »

hey everyone, didn't have the surgery with Dr.Abbott on the 12th of august but I did do it with Dr.Grossmen who had Dr.Price from N.Y. with him,(they building a team together on Bpi's) at the Maimi childrens Hospital, my surgery was on the 23rd of this month. the surgrey was on the C5 and C6 BP thank god it was just a very bad strecht and not it being pulled from the spine. They took nerves from both legs to put it on my shoulder. To me the after math feels pain full but the doctors were great and r recommended. Dr.grossmen does these surgery once or twice a week. As for me its only been a week so i can't see or feel any difference just scared to make any sudden movements because the grafting of the nerves weren't sewed but gloued. I hope all this pain is worth it and i will keep everyone posted on my recovery.

I have one question to anyone who has had the surgery with similiar injury as mine how long did it take to feel some flicking on the Bicept and shoulder area?
karlos

Post by karlos »

Hi Rob,
With me shoulder flickers, were around 6 week
bicep around 6 mth

karl
Rob25

Post by Rob25 »

thanx,and u had similiar injury, if u did, how r u moving now? thanx in advance.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Rob I wrote to you so long ago to see how you where doing. Now I know. Glad to hear, keep us posted. I hope it works out. I had a very hard time finding Dr. Grossmen I called all around New York for 2 weeks. Information was no help thair where tomany Grooomens but I called them all any way to no aveil. And thought you where off to the surgery on the 12th and not returning postings. And then some weeks later I called Dr Abbott office. Off our system here and the grils thair told me about dr. Grossmen so I found him by acicdent. read back Rob you can see. I have c5 & c6 down 31/2 years now so I want to go see him. Thanks !!!!!!!!! Paul
Rob25

Post by Rob25 »

paul,

Dr.Grossmen is a great doctor and has a good team, but i'm not a sucess story yet. Just in case anyone else wants his # 305-666-2004 is Dr.grossmen # he's in Maimi. I'm wondering is anyone from long island NY with tbpi. hope it helps.
Rob25

Post by Rob25 »

paul,

Good luck and out of curiousity have you had any surgeries?
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

hhhmmm...looks like two posts now have recently been removed from this thread....