Surgery Oct 21st

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Kaiden'smom

Surgery Oct 21st

Post by Kaiden'smom »

Hi,
My son Kaiden is having his first surgery with Dr. Kozin next Tuesday (ACR). Hopeing for the best. Anybody else going to be there that day? His doctor just cleared him for the surgery today, so I'm sort of in shock that it is actually going to happen so soon, it just didn't seem real until now. We just scheduled it 2 weeks ago, it's all happening so fast now.
ironmansmom

Re: Surgery Oct 21st

Post by ironmansmom »

I don't know if it gets any easier...we just scheduled my son's 7th surgery and I am a nervous wreck!!! Best of luck to you and your child on the 21st...we go for surgery on November 20th.
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Best wishes to the both of your children.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, almost 6 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
ldeverna

Post by ldeverna »

I'll be there :) This is Harper's 3rd surgery and it definitely doesn't get any easier. However, I am the most optimistic about this one.
Right now I'm just panicking about keeping her well since her 2 brothers have nasty colds :(
Looking forward to meeting you and your son :)

~Lisa
Mom to Harper, LOBPI, 2yo next week!
Katiekel

Post by Katiekel »

Best wishes for your family!
Kaiden'smom

Post by Kaiden'smom »

Thank you for the replies. Kaiden's been getting over a cold, so they are making the final decision tomorrow if he is well enough have the surgery on Tuesday. Now that I've accepted that this is really happening, I really want to just get it over with. I'm really hoping it doesn't get postponed at this point.
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Wishing the best of luck to all the children who are having surgery, and also to their parents.

Joanie
dsk727

Post by dsk727 »

I wish you and Kaiden the best of luck tomorrow. I pray everything goes great and he is in as little pain as possible. My daughter just had surgery a week ago (open reduction, tendon transfer and muscle lengthening) and besides her cast she is 100% herself and was that way on 48 hours after surgery!

Please keep us posted.
Kaiden'smom

Post by Kaiden'smom »

Update

Kaiden did great, surgery was actually really quick. He was done in less than 2 hours. He slept most of the day Tuesday and didn't seem to be in pain. He was released the next day. He's doing so good, not in pain. It's just amazing how resilient these little sweeties are. We got home tonight, what a relief to be home.
There were several other little ones that also had surgery on the same day. It was really nice to meet the other parents. Really helped to feel like we aren't along in this.

We'll be back out there the week on Nov 17th for cast removal and therapy. Hopefully that will go as smoothly as the surgery did.
nkjacoby
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Nicholas is 11 years old and his birth was complicated by a severe shoulder dystocia resulting in a severe LOBPI. He has had 5 surgeries to date with very little improvement. His left arm has never fully gained any functional use and has been completely flaccid until his last surgery. It now sits at a more natural position, but he is still unable to use his arm. However, his hand function was never limited until after his most recent surgery and is now completely limited due to an ulnar nerve entrapment. He is getting ready to have his 6th surgery in April to free the ulnar nerve from his last surgery. He is an amazing young man who never gives up on his dreams. He is my HERO!!!

Post by nkjacoby »

I will be thinking and praying for you. Best wishes to you and your family.
Mom to Nicholas 11 LOBPI, Dawson 7, and Kalyssa 5