Brace position BPI surgery

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Dash

Brace position BPI surgery

Post by Dash »

We are seeing the excellent Dr. Pearl in LA who recommends -post tendon transfer and ACR surgery - a body cast in external rotation at waist height. Does anyone know if Waters and Bae and Kozin cast at waist height or higher in the "Statue of Liberty" position.

Helen
Kaiden'smom

Re: Brace position BPI surgery

Post by Kaiden'smom »

I think it depends on the kid the way they cast them. My son's arm goes down a little and the out at chest level. He had his done by Dr Kozin Tuesday.
Katiekel

Post by Katiekel »

Hi Helen,
I noticed that you are seeing Dr. Pearl in LA. My daughter has a surgery scheduled with him Dec. 1st. This will be her first surgery, I am nervous! Just wondering if you guys have had any previous surgeries with him and how things went...or if you can offer any wisdom or advice. Thank you for your time.
Kelley
Amy Clark

Post by Amy Clark »

My daughter had the statue of liberty cast with Dr. Waters. The cast was waist high. They did cut a hole in the stomach portion to aid in breathing ease, but the cast did go down to her hips.
dsk727

Post by dsk727 »

My daughter Jocelyn just had surgery on Oct. 13th and she has a similar cast. Her arm is positioned outward but not as high as I am picturing with the Statue of Liberty. Hers also goes down to her hips with it open at her stomach for eating. I can send you a picture if you want? She had muscle lengthen, tendon transfer and open reduction of her shoulder ball joint/socket.
DianaLB1999

Post by DianaLB1999 »

Last edited by DianaLB1999 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.