Need help with dislocated humerus

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
elizabethdh27

Need help with dislocated humerus

Post by elizabethdh27 »

My daughter just had her Mod Quad performed by DR. Nath and with that she's been doing well, but her pain is coming from her elbow that is dislocated has been since birth and of course the Docs tell me that it's no big thing that this is common, Mehgan has a hard time in the mornings when we take the splint off, one morning I don't know how I moved her arm but it hurt her so bad that she was trying to cry but couldn't catch her breath and I wanted to cry myself. The docs tell me to wait until it causes her alot of pain and of course she's still growing she'll be 3 in less than a month and she keeps her arm bent, when out of the splint. How much pain is alot for THEM!! Can anyone give me some advice?
elizabethdh27

Re: Need help with dislocated humerus

Post by elizabethdh27 »

Mehgan has seen 3 pediatric ortho doc about her arm and all of them just tell me they cann't do anything right now until it causes her alot of pain, but it's the way my mom put it this little girl has been in pain her whole life so how much is too much for her, I believe that's posterior I'm not sure, how did they fix it and at what age, Mehgan is only 3 next month.

elizabethdh27

Post by elizabethdh27 »

Just wondering how did you get to see so many Doc, did they mention anything to you about the growth plate? She has been to the Shriner's where they seem to just wait until it gets bad. Then I took her to Chapel Hill and Wake Forest here in North Carolina and then they wanted to focus more on her shoulder and tell me that her elbow was not the problem that her shoulder is the problem but in reality she has two different problem coming from one injury.
francine

Post by francine »

Elizabeth - I just wanted to wish your little the best and hope that someone can help her. I'm sorry she is going through this and you, too.
big hugs,
francine