Vancouver B.C. Canada

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
cbr9

Vancouver B.C. Canada

Post by cbr9 »

just wondering if there are any other bpi's in the lower mainland region. i'd really like to meet up with another member of our "club". i'm yet to meet face to face with others. or even near Van in the states. if there are reply, or email me at hav_den@hotmail.com. ciao.
Andrew

Re: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Post by Andrew »

Hi, my name is Andrew. I live in Dawson Creek (North of Prince George BC). It looks like i am the closest person to Vancouver with this injury, that is part of the ubpn. I am 16 years old. I was in a snowmobile accident in December. I have lost all use of my Rt. arm. I go down to Vancouver a couple of times a year with my parents. If you would like to meet , I will ask my parents when I will be going down next. Talk to you soon.
dennisbk

Post by dennisbk »

I'm no too far south in Albany, Oregon.
mikeyb

Post by mikeyb »

I'm sure there are lot's of Bpi's in BC, they are just hard to find.

I'm from London, Ont. I've met a few bpi's around here. Not a good thing I know but there other peeps out there, that's for sure.
Lenni

Post by Lenni »

Hi, we are on the Sunshine Coast! Our daughter, 6 1/2, has ROBPI. Let us if we can help.

Lenni
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

Hi my name is Brenda, my daughter Tara has BPI and we live in Mt Vernon WA (Skagit Valley) just about 1½ hours south of Vancouver BC. I know, unfortunately, of a handfull of people here in my county and surrounding areas who also have BPI. You are welcome to email me anytime brendarenee@earthlink.net
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello
Can't really help you out but had to tell you, we just got back from Vancouver 2 weeks ago. Our first trip to Canada - went to Banff & Salt Springs Island as well. Our baby son has a BPI from birth. Vancouver is a pretty and fun city with lots of good food. We were amazed at the crowds on Denman & Robson, and can't tell you how much I loved Standley Park. Hope to go back some day. Our son went nuts over the view of all the boats, birds, and sea planes that he could see from our hotel window. Stayed at the Westin Bay Shore. Sorry for rambling just wanted to share. You live in a great city! Good luck hooking up with others.

Lisa
cbr9

Post by cbr9 »

I'd like to say thx for all the responses.
Lenni, thx, but not really looking for help, just wanting to meet other TBPI'S to shoot the perverbial s__t. To kinda see how my friends and others percieve myself during times of pain and only use of 1 arm. I guess you can say i wanna step outta my shoes for a few minutes. I guess you could call it help, but you know....
Brenda, again looking for TBPI'S, others who have gone through an experience like mine. But my heart goes out to your daughter, I know how hard it is. Much praise and respect.
Lisa the guest, it's great to hear you enjoyed your visit to Vancouver so much. I love it here, it has everthing one could want. In a recent study, I heard that Van is rated #3 in the world as city to live in. If you liked the crowds downtown, you would have loved Granville Island, that's the best people watching place. I noticed that you went to Banff. going there you had to pass through Kamloops, that is actually where I'm from, and close to where my TBPI occurred.
Andrew, I work all over B.C., been in Prince lotsa times. Worked in MacKenzie for 9 months, unfortunatey,....lol, but the closest I've been to you is Chetwynd. YIKES!!!!!.
But hey, I might be up there on a jobsite B4 I know it. You should keep in touch, cause you never know. Right now I'm running 2 job sites down here in Van, my boss is running the site we gots in Prince Albert, Sask., but we do lotsa werk up north B.C., So if I'm up near you, or if you are down in the lower mainland, we should get together for a beer or two....
L8r yall, be strong...
desiqner
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Hi, I am a 45 year old male, I had a BPI from birth on my right hand. I am originally from Philippines, nothing was done after the injury so I grew up and got older by only using my left hand, my right hand can occasionally help in lifting light objects.

Post by desiqner »

Hi, I am a 45 years old male with a BPI on my right hand from birth.I live here in Burnaby BC , I wanted to hook up with people with the same injury which I have. I want to learn from more from other people on how they are coping up with the same injury that I got. Thanks.
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Post on the OBPI section as well, there we are all BPI from birth :)
http://ubpn.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=19
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com