Very sad news

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
for Hazel

Very sad news

Post by for Hazel »

I'm devastated to tell you that Hazel took her own life on Wednesday morning. She had been suffering from serious pain, and could not tolerate it any longer. My heart goes out to her family.

I know Hazel's brother has emailed people from her address book, giving details of the funeral. If anyone else would like to know any details about the funeral, or about contacting Hazel's family, please email either myself at jennybradley.co.nz or Liz by clicking on her name on any of her posts.

I'm sorry I'm only posting this here on the tbpi board, I am not up to pasting it on all the boards right now. I know Hazel had many friends on all the message boards. She was a wonderful, warm hearted breath of fresh air, who could light up the room. She was the first bpi I met, she was the 'reallest' person I knew-those who knew her will know what I mean. She asked that everyone who knew her celebrate her life.

Her family have asked the TBPI support group in the UK to tell everyone who knew her this terrible news. They want to get the message out there that central pain can be a serious medical issue and if you are not getting relief from your current pain treatment, insist on proper help. Many doctors do not understand central pain, if yours doesn't, find one who does. There are numerous excellent sites out there, just type 'central pain' into the search engine-and talk to your family and friends, they need to know how bad it is. We are too used to sparing the feelings of others, we must remember it's ok to ask for help, especially from those who understand us.

I don't know what else to say.
Jen & Liz
njbirk

Re: Very sad news

Post by njbirk »

Words are inadequate to express one's feelings. I am deeply saddened and pained to hear this news. My deepest sympathy to all her family and to you, Jenny and Liz, who knew her so well. We will all miss her.

Nancy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To Liz, jenny , Tina T, Mikey b, Dave.... I know how much a part of your lives Hazel was....

I am so sad to hear this terrible news...
I know how hard Hazel battled with pain and how she tried to overcome it... For all of her friends and family I feel so sad...

Her charm, wit and presence will truly be missed.
Kath

Dave m

Post by Dave m »

I just heard about Hazel and am finding it hard to keep control, its not sunk in yet, what a terrible loss is all i can think, to Haze's family you have our deepest sympathies. I dont know what else to say.
Dave Martin
aliwarren

Post by aliwarren »

To all of you who knew Hazel personally or just as I did from the sites, then I think that this news is devastating and extremely sad. So to all of you and especially her family my thoughts and prayers are with you all.
She was always an inspiration for me and I shall always remember the way her 'spunk' used to ooze out of her posts that she made.

I am in South Africa, but on the 13th Sep I shall have a moment in rememberance of crazey hazey and be with you all in spirit in celebrating her life.

May her soul rest in peace.

Ali
francine

Post by francine »

This is very sad news and I send my deepest condolences to everyone that she loved her so much.

May God bless you Hazel and surround you with His love and His warmth. I hope that you have found the peace you so needed on this earth plane. I am sorry that you suffered so much.

Francine
karlos

Post by karlos »

I met Hazell at Liz's bpi party last year,i'v sat here 10 mins and dont no what to say.... Totally gutted

karl
NancyP

Post by NancyP »

I don't really know what to say other than-what a tremendous loss. As a parent of a child who has an injury from birth, this has raised my awareness of pain, and how hard it must be to deal with it from day to day. My deepest sympathies and prayers are with you all and her family.
George

Post by George »

I just really don't know what to say. My heart goes out to Hazel's family and friends. I am deeply saddened by this news, Jenny. Thank you for informing us. May God rest her soul.

George
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

I am so sorry to hear this news, I wish that there was something that I (or anyone!) could have done to make a difference...

May Hazel rest in peace.

Bridget