Rash problem please help

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
soulofjustice

Rash problem please help

Post by soulofjustice »

Okay Im not sure how many of you responded to my last post when Justice first got the rash. I need some more help though so please help. I did go to the doc. the doc gave me stuff for duck itch. The problem I have now is now that stuff is gone its all came back but now shes gotten it on her legs basically all over. It looks nasty. I did bring her back to the doc and he said she had some skin condition bla bla and just told me to get some over the counter cream well this stuff does not work. I got benadral, calamine, and Sarna none help. Her face is like boilly looking her whole body itches. What would you recommend I try.
Paula

Re: Rash problem please help

Post by Paula »

Have you tried hydrocortisone? Aaron had a rash on his face and we used that (0.01% i think or maybe just 1%) and it worked really well. It took a while to clear up but has not come back.
Paula
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, my daughter has also the same what you discibe. Only not over her whole body, just her checks. We used a lot of creams and untill now the hydrocortison works the best. We also put her not to often in a tubb ansd wash her not every day but three times a week. A baby has a natural cream and that will go if you wash her/him to often. We also use BALNEUM PLUS it is a antipuric medicinal bath oil. And once a month we put her in her bath with bran or oakmeal (rolled oak). you put some in a handtowel make it wet and squeeze it into the water.
we have also seen a homoeopath to see if she was allergic to something. turned out it was the cowmilk and soya. she is now on a dieet without any of this and it is clearing up.
put coton clothes on, put gloves on in bed so no screchting. and most of all: keep patience. for them it's very annouing not to get ride of the iching.
hope you can go on
monique
tina arvizu

Post by tina arvizu »

Gabrielle's doctor gave us a perscription for hydrocortizone. It work better than the over the counter creams.
KarenHillyer

Post by KarenHillyer »

Hi
Sorry, i don't know what duck itch is, but one or two things you might try, which shouldn't make the rash worse are aloe vera gel and have you tried a bath with bicarbonate of soda in the water? It's an old fashioned remedy, but it might be worth a try.
good luck
Karen
moontje

Post by moontje »

hi,
my daughter has the same problem. We use hydrocison 1% discribed by skintherapist. We also don't put her in the bath to often. Every other day. And when we do, we put BALNEUM HERMAL PLUS (antipuric medicinal bath oil) inside. Makes the skin smooth. to dry we put the towel around her and put some pressure. Not wrobbing. We also put her once a month in a bath filled with oakmeal (rolled oak). Hope some of this will help. Use 100 % coton clothes, NEVER use menthol powder. That will infect the lungs.
Monique