Partially Diabled Benefits in UK

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
hazell

Re: Partially Diabled Benefits in UK

Post by hazell »

glad you got it phil, im just asking for a review of mine, been on lower rate for 8 years & realised that with my 1st claim i very much based it on what i couldnt do because my arm doesnt work, i never took into account that the pain stopped me doing things in the review ive very much put about the pain & how it can totally disable you........ie if you cant get out of bed for 48 hours due to pain then you really cant look after yourself. i dont actually get any help from anyone but this doesnt matter with dla its whether you need that help not whether you would accept it. you can only try.

good news about the tax credit also.

karen there is a bit on tbpi site re: benefits, but 2 months after writing it its outta date lol. now no longer dss its dept of work & pensions. how succesful are kids claims out of interest?

bye crazy
Phil

Post by Phil »

Thanks girls.
Hazell
Good luck with your claim, let us know how you get on.
Phil
KarenHillyer

Post by KarenHillyer »

Hi Crazy Haze!
Children's claims can be very succesful,the kids usually get the middle rate DLA and I thinks that's a true reflection of the care needs of most people (adults and kids) with a bpi - if a family gets awarded low rate we usually advise them to ask for a review and see if they can get middle rate.
we have a great network of Mums who send us copies of their successful forms to help others who are completing the forms for the first time, so that you get an idea of how to answer the questions and the amount of information to include. Maybe this is something that TBPI -UK could try too - waht do you think?
Karen
This is Zoe

Post by This is Zoe »

Can i be cheeky and ask what the low rate is? I've sent my forms in last week but haven't a clue how much the benefits are.
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Hi Zoe

Here is a link to the page with all the rates...http://www.benefitsnow.co.uk/decisions/dladecision.asp

...it is a huge site and worth having a good look at. The section about the criteria used to assess your claim is there, but I have to admit that some of the decisions they make regarding entitlement leave me completely baffled. (I read about them on U.K. disability websites help forums...)Good luck with it...let us know how you get on!

Lizzy B
This is Zoe

Post by This is Zoe »

Thanks, the site very informative.
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Hiya Karen...I seem to have missed your post on this thread...! anyway; doing something similar for the TBPI group as you suggest is a very good idea; I'll mail you about it...cheers!

Liz
hazell

Post by hazell »

low rate is about £15 p.w middle rate is about £37 per week. im still fighting with the blighters been turned down once 2 more tries (this is for middle rate) lol.

bye crazy
hazell

Post by hazell »

does this site not recognise a pound sign????

that should read 15 pounds & 37 pounds