Free flight info??

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
LisaM

Free flight info??

Post by LisaM »

Anyone have info on free flight info? I am trying to get this info to give to another parent...and I don't remember much about it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Lisa and Abrielle Myers
P.S. We had an awesome time at the San Diego Picnic on Saturday! We met some awesome people there.
francine

Re: Free flight info??

Post by francine »

http://www.injurednewborn.com/maia/travel.html

glad to hear the picnic was great!
-francine
Tami

Post by Tami »

Lisa,

Interesting this subject comes up at this point. I was going to be posting on this subject.
I am the chairperson for the Wings Program for UBPN. For details about The Wings Program look at the programs section on the ubpn.org website. Most airlines require a letter on non profit organization letterhead as well as a letter from the local pediatrician and possibly from the hospital you are going to, such as Texas Childrens Hospital. Some airlines also ask for proof of financial need. Please have the approximate travel dates and
airline(s) that you are wanting to use. My experience in writing these letters is that it can take approx 3 weeks to be reviewed by the airline.

Anyone who is interested, please email me at tami@ubpn.org and I can provide the letter on ubpn letterhead and more than happy to help in whatever other way I can.

Francine's website, www.injurednewborn.com also has the contact information for the airlines that participate.

Again, my email address is tami@ubpn.org or you can call me at 602 494 8469 or thru ubpn toll free at 1 866 877 7004

Thank you,
Tami Schenck
chairperson, Wings program
momofnickelman

Post by momofnickelman »

We have used www.miracleflights.com This is a non profit organization that helps you fill out applications for free airfare through the different airline programs or they use their own funds to buy them for you.....by the way it doesn't matter what your income.... They are some really nice and caring people..... Best of luck to you all!