worried about numbness in both hands

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Mare

Re: worried about numbness in both hands

Post by Mare »

Hey Everyone Just got back from the new Neuro he was very nice and easy to talk to and understand. He felt it is Transverse Mylities not Ms that my brain is clear from MS lesions. He feels it may have come from a virus and I will heal without steroids it will just take time he said he will do a follow up MRI in 6 months to check but unless I have new symptoms he feels I should be just fine. Now I just Have to get my thyroid checked out by the doc on the 27th. What a relief. He said the doc that told me all those horrible things was an ass and that you never tell a patient that stuff over the phone or until you have medical proof not just thoughts. But at least this is over and I can focus on getting back to work my boss really needs me his poor wife was diagnosised Fri with breast cancer and she has two young boys. Please everyone say a prayer for Jeannie that she comes out of this OK. Thanks again for all your prayers and support when I needed you all are the best. Hugs Mare
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Mare,
Glad that the new neuro is nice and also thinks the other one was an ass!
Welcome to TM... a weird neuro disorder we can all do without! As always, anytime you have questions let me know, ok?
Hugs to you!
Prayers to you and your boss's wife!
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Mare

Post by Mare »

Marieke
You've been here from the start explaining everything and guiding me through the world of TM your support has meant so much to me I can never thank you enough you will make a GREAT nurse I just wish there were more like you specially in NJ. Hugs Mare
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Mare,
I am sooo relieved for you. What a good Dr. neuro he is. He's a keeper, huh!

Glad you can get back to work. You and your Bosse's wife are in my Prayers...and your Bos, too, of couse. I bet DH and Frankie are relieved too.

HUGS all around your house,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Mare

Post by Mare »

Yes my loving husband is very relieved, Frankie is a teen I don't think it even fazed him since I pretty much kept it to myself except for talking to all my wonderful friends here. I can't tell you how much everyone helped me to keep it together here at home I could not have done it without each and everyone of you God truly blessed me with you ladies. Hugs Mare