A couple of questions

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
tammyo

A couple of questions

Post by tammyo »

Hi, My name is Tammy and my son Josh is 12 years old. He suffered a BPI at birth. 12 Years ago.......wow there was very little information out there and the internet was definitely not as informative as it is now(do I sound old or what). I had became active on this board several years ago.......but after some rude comments on our choice of Duke University over TCH......decided to take some time away.

Ok......now for the questions. Josh is the only child in his school with any visable physical special need...does anyone out there have a child around the same age, who would be interested in a pen pal (yes Josh did fill out the pen pal form on the site)

Second question........after Joshs birth we persued a lawsuit after consulting with three different lawyers and depleting our savings account, we were told we did not have a case. Josh just a major surgery at Duke, 4 weeks ago...after seeing him in ICU for 4 days, on a vent and what he has to go through everyday of his recovery I am tempted to pursue legal matters again.......is it too late???

Sorry for being so long winded........thanks in advance for your answers

Tammy
admin
Site Admin

Re: A couple of questions

Post by admin »

Welcome Back....I remember the message boards a few years ago when we had some not so nice people hanging around. I don't have any answers to your questions....but wanted to say welcome back !!!!!
m&mmom

Post by m&mmom »

Tammy,
I would advise you to call a lawyer in your area. If you'd like to speak to the lawyer we are using let me know and I can forward you the information. If he does not practice in your state maybe he can recommend someone.
Cindy
tammyo

Post by tammyo »

Cindy

Would LOVE any information you have from your lawyer.
Thanks so very much!

Tammy
christy

Post by christy »

could you share more with us about your experiences at Duke? And if you don't mind, what was the last surgery and why so intense? Did he have injury to the phrenic nerve (I am thinking of the vent problems here)

Thanks and while I dont' think I was on the board at that time--welcome back!
Gayle

Post by Gayle »

Welcome....

My Daughter is 18 months old and we are waiting to see how much better she can get.

I hope that you get some answers.

Gayle