Looking for upstate NYers?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
jordan1

Re: Looking for upstate NYers?

Post by jordan1 »

I live in the Middletown area, if you want you can e-mail me and we can talk.
Ben's Dad

Post by Ben's Dad »

Hi,

We live in Brewster, NY (about 1 hour north of NYC).
jordan1

Post by jordan1 »

If you want you can e-mail me and we can chat. We are not that far from eachother, i live in Middletown and my husand works in Yorktown Heights.
Jmarcellus
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter with ROBPI 5/8/2002. forceps delivery. Avulsion: C4, C6, C7, Rupture: C5, stretch C8. Diaphragm paralyzed so had plication done at 7 weeks. Nerve graft done at Tx Childrens (Dr Nath) at 3 months. Mod Quad (Dr Nath) at 18 months. Sensation loss especially along ulnar nerve. Grasp ok, no finger extension, pronation, or wrist flexion. We use biofeedback/estim and TES unit. As well as a benik wrist splint for positioning. Myofascial Release therapy has helped a lot with tightness and blockages (2x/mth).

Post by Jmarcellus »

Hi
I live in Rochester. What Dr do you see here?
I've been going to Syracuse.
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Does anyone mind mentioning the name of the doctor, PT, OT, or anyone else they have worked with in the Syracuse or Albany area? I'm developing a list for patients in our area to be able to access. Thanks in advance.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 5 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
Mary Beth

Post by Mary Beth »

Hi I've been seeing Doctor Jason Schwalb at the university of Rochester Medical Center, Strong.

601 Emwood Avenue, Box 670 rochester NY 14642
ph-585-273-3460 fax-585-276-2280

Hope this is what you are looking for and it helps.

Mary Beth