Adult meeting

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
patpxc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C-5 and C-6. Unable to supinate. Contracture elbow. Wrist bone underdeveloped.
Can raise forearm to mouth level. shoulder is limited in movement. Unable to put arm behind back. Secondary- early arthritis, carpal tunnel, pronator syndrome,scoliosis

Re: Adult meeting

Post by patpxc »

Joanie,
We
ll make sure that we have it at a time when you can come. !!!!!!!!!
Baeta

Post by Baeta »

I've never been to Cape Girardeau but i have a friend going to SEMO there.
Oh, your son has autism? how old is he? i work with 3 families between the range of 10- 18 years old and i love it but it can be quite a challenge at times lol. My fiance and i actually live in O'Fallon MO, but are going to move into a condo this summer closer to the city (st. Charles) I'll be going to UMCL in a few years. I haven't met ONE person from Missouri with BPI until now! I felt like it was such an uncommon injury that only a few people had it and they all lived far away lol.
jannyscotland

Post by jannyscotland »

Awww that sounds like fun!!
Couldnt we have it in Scotland instead??? lol
You can all make use of the "travel tips" to get here....simply for resarch purposes!!

We will be in Florida in November....our only DEFINATE plan so far is Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party on November the 10th....if by any small chance anybody happens to be there??? I have YET to meet anyone else with Erbs!
patpxc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C-5 and C-6. Unable to supinate. Contracture elbow. Wrist bone underdeveloped.
Can raise forearm to mouth level. shoulder is limited in movement. Unable to put arm behind back. Secondary- early arthritis, carpal tunnel, pronator syndrome,scoliosis

Post by patpxc »

Janny,
I'm coming to Scotland either next year or the one after that. I've always wanted to go there.Wish I could manage it sooner. But I'll look you up when I go---or you can find me---I'll be in all the castles!
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

oh bummer...I can't do Ohio but it sure sounds like a ton of fun!! I always enjoy hanging out with everyone. I get so much out of it. Have fun if you do it!!
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Dont think I can swing Ohio this year either but it sounds like so much fun!!! I really wish I could. Dont you all want to gome to MN instead? We have the Mall of America in Minneapolis but Duluth is even better and its on one of the great lakes! Whats better than that ;)

Hugs,
Amy 21 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Luc

Post by Luc »

Hi Baeta, I 'm from the STL area to ( GO Cards!)

Have you ever been over to Alton, IL? You might of heard of Fast Eddies? Altons where I was born.
OH, and DePaul in Bridgeton, Mo. is here I was diagonosed with OBPI by Dr. Van Ryan

Luke, LOBPI