New pain - any thoughts

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
laceyj

New pain - any thoughts

Post by laceyj »

Hi all

I've been going to physio for a couple of weeks following what my doctor though was a hamstring injury and some back pain. She figured the back pain was just a side effect of already compensating for my right side (my bpi injured side) and now compensating for a seriously tight hamstring on the left side (consequently I look like a bit of a wierdo when i walk at the moment :)....)

My leg has never hurt like this before and the physio has now done an ultrasound and found that there is no scar tissue - leading her to think that there was no hamstring injury to begin with.

Has anybody ever experienced anything like this before? I know that sometimes it's easier just to blame the additional aches and pains on your BPI, but in the past this has usually been the case.

It's 12 weeks and counting and I'd really like to be able to sit, stand or walk without this excruciating pain in the back of my leg...

Cheers

Lacey
27yo ROBPI
patpxc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C-5 and C-6. Unable to supinate. Contracture elbow. Wrist bone underdeveloped.
Can raise forearm to mouth level. shoulder is limited in movement. Unable to put arm behind back. Secondary- early arthritis, carpal tunnel, pronator syndrome,scoliosis

Re: New pain - any thoughts

Post by patpxc »

I have had that too and have had ultrasounds etc. Nothing shows up. Could it be uneven muscle balance?
Pat