Surgery has any one had any success

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Paul

Re: Surgery has any one had any success

Post by Paul »

yes right you spoke before. I will read back to refresh my memeory. But what works now? and how good? Paul
dennisbk

Post by dennisbk »

My bicep is working much better (I can bend my elbow pretty well now) and I'm getting some flicker in my deltoids, but not enough to lift my arm.
Paul

Post by Paul »

well I was on vacaction for a week. the 4th and all, New Hampshire, mount Washington still fogy. Well has anyone had a succesful operation? Paul
sara

Post by sara »

hi, my brother suffered c-7,c-8,t-1 avulsion april 19th of this year and has decided on dr. belzberg at john hopkins because he felt most comfortable with him, can't really relate to what he is going thru right now and it is rough on his wife and myself, i take care or do minor things for him throughout the week, while his wife is and with this surgery needs to work so i'm hoping they can make his situation better, never back to normal we realize that but with faith God you gotta believe
Rob25

Post by Rob25 »

Hi, I'm 25 fell on my motorcycle at 65 mph I suffered a TBPI to the upper trunk. I have no bicept or deltroid muscle movement (very bad streching of the nerves) everything else came back in the first month, oh I'm going on 4 months since the injury. I'm seeing a Dr. on Long island but I made a few appoints to see others. I'm going to Beth Isreal Medical Center in New York to see a team of Dr.'s tomorrow to see how good they really are. August 1 I see Dr. Grossmen also but in his New york office. I haven't had the surgery yet its schuled for 9/6/02 and i'm scared out my ass. Ijust want ask to those who have a similar case like mine and had the surgery did you recover and how long after did it take?
dennisbk

Post by dennisbk »

Hi Rob,
Your injury sounds very similiar to mine. I had surgery 6 months after my injury. I don't know how much it helped. My bicep has returned ok...it's usable, but still weak. My deltoids flicker a little now, but aren't strong enough to do anything with. I go the gym several times and try and work these muscles as hard as I can. I believe that has helped a lot, especially my bicep. It's been a year since the surgery now. My doctor told me to expect a 1-2 year recovery from surgery. Is it worth it? I don't know, but I wasn't seeing any recovery without the surgery, so I didn't figure I had much to lose. Good luck!
Rob25

Post by Rob25 »

thanx dennis, how did you feel after the surgery and they have to take out nerves from your leg and if they did hows your leg? I know I just dropped a bomb of questions on you....lol...
dennisbk

Post by dennisbk »

The surgery is pretty invasive and it took a while to heal. I went back to work after a week, but I have a desk job. My leg felt pretty funny after the surgery. Not really painful, but really weird. The side of my foot is numb, but I don't really notice it anymore. It was difficult to sleep for the first few months because my foot would really tingle when I would lie down. If I proped it up with a pillow, it wasn't as bad. I ended up getting ambien from my doctor so I could sleep.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My son had surgery 2 months ago to repair the nerve damage caused by a motorcycle accident on nov 2001. I would like to know when can we expect to see any improvement and what kind of exercises should he do he cannot raise his right arm or rotate it out, he cannot do a bicep curl but there is flicker in the bicep. Any information would be very helpful to us.
Rob25

Post by Rob25 »

HI MARY, I HAVEN'T HAD THE SURGERY YET BUT I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS IF YOU DON'T MIND. I ALSO FELL ON MY MOTORCYCLE AND SUFFERED A BRACHIAL PLEXUS INJURY ON MY RIGHT ARM I'M HAVING THE SURGREY ON 8/12/02 WITH DR. ABBOTT IN N.Y.. MY QUESTION TO YOU IS, WHAT WAS THE INJURY YOUR SON HAD (WHAT NERVES AND WHAT WAS WRONG) ALSO WHO WAS THE DOCTOR AND WHAT STATE? THANK YOU SO MUCH.