please read.....

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Salina

please read.....

Post by Salina »

Thank u everyone im so happy for our family n for my lil girl vivian who is RBPI God sure did answer all our prayers I hope everyone gets to read this....here i go....

1 Week before my water broke with Brandon my daughter raised her R injured arm and said with tears in her eyes mommy i want this off, mind u she is only 3 years old...
So with tears in my eyes i look back not believing what she said to me so i ask what off honey she says this and points to her injured arms scar holding back the tears i explained how some of us has scars on the inside n some are just on the outside i tried to explain that things might get better in time she is starting to realize she is different....

So when i went in to surgery to have Brandon i just kept thinking bout my lil princess n i was so scared but she helped me make the best dicition n so did my husband....
So the Dr came in before i decided id do the c section n said ok u r doing this vaginal i am going to warn u i will do what i have to do to get him out i will break his clavicle i started crying than god sent a message i started gushin blood cause the Internal fetal momitor messed up the placenta so touchin thought id share luv u all.
Salina

PS.
So i wonder if i would have stayed in labor how much worse i would have risked....
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: please read.....

Post by Carolyn J »

Dear Salina,
CONGRATULATIOPNS on the birth of dear "Tresured" Brandon! Thank you for updating us. I've had you both in my prayers. Yes, Your daughter wil continue to amaze and inspire you. Her efforts and acomplishments wsil contine to sxurprise you.

Enjoy, Enjoy! They don't stay babies very long.

((((HUGS)))) al around your House, :)
Carolyn J
LOBPI/ over-aged adult :) [stollen from Kath]
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
joseph

Post by joseph »

Hey,
It's me... Breonna. Now you can show vivian your scar and tell her that you have one just like she does. :) Brandon is so cute. April 2nd is our date. So scared, but if you can do it so can I.
Breonna
Salina

Post by Salina »

awww thanx my prayers are with u let me know how everthing gos
Salina

Post by Salina »

awww thanx my prayers are with u let me know how everthing gos
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

much luck to you and you family!
~Mel/23/LOBPI