New birth arrival

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Salina

New birth arrival

Post by Salina »

So i finally had my son He was 4 weeks early n we decided to go c section because what happen to my daughter.
He was 6 lbs 2 oz 19 inch Dr said he was big to be a preemie i also had gestational diabetes so we did not want to take chances of a natural even though my water broke :( im still sad though cause we did the c section but thank god he was with us...
Lots of Luv
Salina
Mare

Re: New birth arrival

Post by Mare »

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW SON!!!!
Mare
Cole's Mommy

Post by Cole's Mommy »

Hi Salina!
I'm so glad you posted. I've been thinking about you.
CONGRATULATIONS!
I am sorry that you are feeling sad. I think that making the choice to have a c section, is exactly what I would have done...or will do if we ever decide to have another baby.
Enjoy your little ones and take care of yourself, too :-).
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Salina,

Congratulations! What wonderful news for you and your family! Yeah, a new love just before Valentine's Day.

Please don't dwell on feeling sad about choosing a cesarean section. Think of it as a new way for you to have experienced birth. It doesn't matter the way in which you delivered your child, but rather that you and your baby are healthy and safe.

Congratulations again, get rest and comfort.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 5 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

CONGRATULATIONS!!! from me too,Salina. I've never stopped
praying for you both. I am thankful,too, that your son is healthy.

What is his name?

God Bless You.

Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Congrats Salina!!! I hope your recovery goes quickly! Enjoy your new little man, they grow up way too fast!
Hugs,
Amy 20 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Salina

Post by Salina »

Thanx all his name is Brandon Thomas
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Salina
Congratulations !!!! Love the NAME !!!!
Gayle mom to a "BRANDON" 9 1/2 ROBPI !!!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I'm sure Brandon Thomas is beautiful, Salina. Enjoy, they up too fast!

Hugs,
Carolyn J
LOBPI/69
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Salina

Post by Salina »

Thank u everyone im so happy for our family n for my lil girl vivian who is RBPI God sure did answer all our prayers I hope everyone gets to read this....here i go....

1 Week before my water broke with Brandon my daughter raised her R injured arm and said with tears in her eyes mommy i want this off, mind u she is only 3 years old...
So with tears in my eyes i look back not believing what she said to me so i ask what off honey she says this and points to her injured arms scar holding back the tears i explained how some of us has scars on the inside n some are just on the outside i tried to explain that things might get better in time :( she is starting to realize she is different....

So when i went in to surgery to have Brandon i just kept thinking bout my lil princess n i was so scared but she helped me make the best dicition n so did my husband....
So the Dr came in before i decided id do the c section n said ok u r doing this vaginal i am going to warn u i will do what i have to do to get him out i will break his clavicle i started crying than god sent a message i started gusin blood cause the Internal fetal momitor messed up the placenta so touchin thought id share luv u all.
Salina

PS.
So i wonder if i would have stayed in labor how much worse i would have risked....