one-armed help

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
KarenHillyer

Re: one-armed help

Post by KarenHillyer »

Sara,
for the one handed typing have you thought about a smaller keyboard (easier to type on then moving one hand all over a normal one)
or even voice recognition software? - I know this isn't always accurate, but also there are one handed keyboards available over here in the UK so they must have them in the states - my son is 10 and loves his - it took some getting used to but he is great on it now and it means he isn't at as much risk of Repetitive strain injury in his unaffected hand either.
if you can't find any info over there you could check out a good English site at; www.abilitynet.org.uk
I hope that helps a bit
Karen
hazell

Post by hazell »

lizzy blue tack is great until you put it on your newly painted walls to hold a nail in place. now lots of patches i need to patch up.

ive found the most helpful thing in doing things is my teeth, does tend to chip them a bit to!

bye crazy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, what is a 1-800 number. I am in England and am looking for the rocker knife for my father. Thanks
karlos

Post by karlos »

Wow , this brings it all back.......Reading a post from crazy Haze.

Your not forgotten Hazel # 8 - )
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

It brought tears to my eyes as well.
Remembering Hazel today ...

Nancy
Brenda333
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter has global palsy (c5-T1 injury) 5 surgeries at Texas Children's by Dr
Laurent, Shenaq, and Nath. 1st Surel graft 2nd Intercostal transfer 3rd Latisimus Dorsi transfer with subscapular release 4th Pec release 5th Bicep lenghtening, (which weakened her bicep, and contracture returned.) Has went through serial casting with fair results. Her arm is about a hand shorter then the other. She has limited hand function. (able to grasp) Arm stays pronated. Unable to get to neutral. Now dealing with sternoclavicular subluxation. All that being said....She is very functional. She is a very determined, strong, tenacious young woman. Now 15. She plays the trumpet, french horn, drums, guitar, and now learning piano. Has always played on a softball, and basketball team. Until recently, for fear of further injury due to the sternoclavicular subluxation. (separation of colarbone from sternum) Not sure if all this is spelled right.
--

Post by Brenda333 »

There is also a web page on the old NBPEPA Site that might be helpful.

http://www.htmlgear.tripod.com/text/con ... style=list
Brenda
BPI Connection
http://www.freewebs.com/wbpic
Karl w/ a K

Post by Karl w/ a K »

Ruth,
Check out the Ulu rocker knife and cutting board to match. The board is a shallow bowl on one side made to match the blade's curve. Mine works great...http://www.theulufactory.com/...also I have a cutting board with a built-in vice and a small section of nails to hold my bread for making peanut butter sandwiches. It sticks to my counter top with suction cups. Cheers...Karl...
Patwarner55

Post by Patwarner55 »

Thanks for all the useful information. What an abundance of sites, catalogs and magazines!

Pat