Sidney has Botox with Dr Price This morning.

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Sidney's Dad

Sidney has Botox with Dr Price This morning.

Post by Sidney's Dad »

Hello Everyone!
It's been a while and just wanted to update you all. Sidney will be having Botox this morning with Dr. Price. He is doing the procedure at Miami Children's Hospital. We have to be there at six and surgery is at seven thirty. So keep her in your thoughts today.
Thanks for your support!
Sidney's Dad
rachelcasa

Re: Sidney has Botox with Dr Price This morning.

Post by rachelcasa »

How did things go with Sydney's surgery?

I sure hope it went well. She's in my thoughts and prayers.

*HUGS*
Mare

Post by Mare »

Sidney will be in my prayers all day let us know how she does. Be strong I know how hard it is on us moms and dads too. Hugs Mare
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Thinking of Sidney and your family.

Keep us posted.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 5 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
Sidney's Dad

Post by Sidney's Dad »

Hey Guy's,
Just wanted to let you know things went great! Sid done great. They even let us go earlier than anticipated. I highly recommend Dr Andrew Price. He is a true professional. He visited with us before surgery to answer our questions. Dr Price spent quite a while with us post surgery discussing care and treatment plans. I have complete confidence in him.
Sidney had a slight fever last night, but a little Tylenol knocked it out. She got up this morning and was raring to go. At 20 months now she's pretty active all the time. It seems that the contracture in her elbow is loosing up some already . Now we have to focus on additional stretching exercises. At this point I belive this is going to be a positive experience for her. For anyone who is interested Dr. Price is based in New York and has privlidges at Miami Childrens Hospital. We are working with Dr. John Grossman, Lorna Ramos, and Dr. Price. They are a great team.
Thank's again,
Sindey's Dad
Jo

Post by Jo »

My son just had botox, a tendon transfer, a sub scapula slide and a release, by Dr. Price in NYC. I hope Sidney did great. Is Dr. Grossman Sidney's doctor as well?
Jo (Nick's mom)
JL2008

Post by JL2008 »

can you tell me what the botox does it the contracture of the elbow and is 24 to late to try it. i know that while i was in highschool my parents sent my to massage therapy with rom and my arm released some and i begin to have more function. please tell me what else i can do to get my arm straight? jessi
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

Jessi -there are a few things you can do to unbend the elbow. You said that you did massage therapy in high school..... that's perfect. Can you get some more massage therapy now? Try to find a therapist who knows how to myofascial release. If she can open up your elbow then you'll know that the muscle can still be stretched. Then you can get casted... this is called "serial casting". They stretch your arm a tiny bit and cast it...then a week later, they remove the cast and stretch it a tiny bit more and cast it....and it continues until the arm is straight. And then you have to wear a splint at night to keep it straight for all the hours you are sleeping.
So try the myofascial release first and that's a great start.
Good luck
francine
francine@litzfamily.com