ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Ripp

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by Ripp »

Guess I'm another member of your group. I'm Scott, am 45 and I live in Iowa. I managed to cartwheel my Lumina a few times about 13 months ago. Bad idea. My left arm is pretty much shot. I just found this site today. Sorry we all have this pain in the $#@ in common.
mrstarmen

Post by mrstarmen »

slit my left wrist in february of 2007. Now have numbness between left wrist and thumb. Also have scar on left wrist. I was stupid. Can anything help? I am new to this board. mrstarmen
Chelc

Post by Chelc »

Chelsea Locklin
Troy,MO
Chelc

Post by Chelc »

I
Last edited by Chelc on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daddyo

Post by daddyo »

Hi, not sure if I qualify as TBPI as things started during a sickness (virus?) heavy coughing, after 7-10 days my left arm went south. Went to the ER 11/15/07 was the third day without use of my arm. I'm in PT and need to get a brace for subluxation. I am trying to get a Wilmer shoulder orthosis if it is financially possible (insurance won't pay). Anyone know the price for one or at least a ball park price. Charles Olin Newberg, Oregon
canesfan44

Post by canesfan44 »

Hello, I'm Blair(25yrs old, South Florida). I had all 5(c5-T1) nerves avulsed in a bad car accident(12/19/2003) which left me in a coma, I'm pretty lucky to be alive. I think I already posted on this thread but I haven't been on this site in about 2 years, I think. I didn't even remember my screen name, so I had to sign up again. So, once again, hello.
alaskanmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Mom of daughter with complete right brachial plexus avulsion from a sledding accident

Post by alaskanmom »

Hi, I'm Caralyn's mom. She was 14 years old and she was injured in a sledding accident 1/14/2005. Complete right brachial plexus avulsion, was the least of her injuries. Sounds pretty simple saying she was hurt riding a sled down a hill. until you say she was on an inner tube going downhill and the girl on the back fell off which caused her to speed up and launch off the bank, literally fly through the air head first and slam into a utility pole and fall another 10 feet to the ground. She literally broke every bone in her upper body. She is such an incredible kid and has proven over and over again that she can do anything anyone else can do with two hands, she can do better with one hand and two feet.
AK_Cara
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: TRBPI on January 14, 2005 at the age of 14. Complete avulsion of C6-T1 with a very damaged C5, regained shoulder stability and bicep thanks to the team in Minnesota. If there is any fellow Alaskans here let me know! I don't get out of Alaska much.

Post by AK_Cara »

Like my mom said above I was 14 at the time but I am 17 now and doing a lot better then I was before and I'm still improving with the help of my close friends and family.
Mary Beth

Post by Mary Beth »

Hi,

I'm Mary Beth just joined the group.

I had a right aillary Lymph node removed and woke up unable to move my arm (12/18/07) I'm just learning term and really feeling like I'm getting some place. this message board had really helped me so I could gather information.

I do have use of my fingergers and lower part of arm it is upper arm and the numbness and picky and sleepy thumb that is getting to me. no real pain only if clothing rubs on my arm for a long time or water hits on it for more than 10 min.

You all have been great love this place for information. my hubby says I've become addicted, well, maybe....
brentr6
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Motorcycle accident Oct 8, '06. TBI and LTBPI. Brachial Plexus Reconstructive surgery at the Mayo by Shin/Bishop/Spinner Jul '07. Gracilis muscle transfer for new bicep is working somewhat, still have a way to go-no hand-to-mouth motion yet!

Post by brentr6 »

Hi All!! Male LTBPI/Traumatic head injury Oct'06 due to a motorcycle accident. In the USAF stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. Currently going through Medical Evaluation Board to determine if I can stay in. I think they're waiting to see how much of a return I get from surgery. I would certainly be thankful for all the prayers I get, I don't want to get out of the Air Force!!! Had Brachial Plexus Reconstruction Surgery Jul'07. Started getting movement in tricep a week ago Wed!! Shoulder was originally 3 1/2 finger subluxation, now down to 1 finger and I think the Wilmer brace is a big help!! My wrist/fingers are continuing to get stronger. Just waiting for bicep to start kicking! I pray for you all!! Oh, and I'm headed back to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN Mar 17-20. I would love to meet any of my new "Family" members!!

God Bless,
Brent