ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Lemonvail

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by Lemonvail »

My daughter, Kelly, had a complete brachial plexus avulsion from being thrown from a car in 2000. She had nerve transplant surgery by DR Nath from Texas. She got feeling in the right arm and some limited movement in her tricep. She is looking at the DREZ procedure at Duke U for the pain and also has been considering amputation. She is now a Sophomore in College and the school newspaper photographer (with one useful arm). WE just joined.
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

bumping up......
cami_tennis

Post by cami_tennis »

Car accident rolled 7 times left tbpi since 2001
Lori S

Post by Lori S »

Hello,

We're from MN. My husband injured himself in a Motocross accident. This happened in September '07. He had humeral head split fracture which was disclocated, resulting in his bpi. We go to Mayo in a week, hopefully to get more answers!
Greeny

Post by Greeny »

Hi My name is Joe from Ohio but my nick is Greeny. I developed my BPI by being operated on Mar 07 for rotator cuff/bicep tendon tears and the doctor entrapped 2 nerves and the artery in 2 sutures and forgot about them and closed me up. This in turn caused me to undergoe 2 arterial bypasses with viens out of both legs to replenish bloodflow to my left dominant hand. In Jun 07, Cleveland Clinic nuerology removed the sutures from the entrapped nerves and artery. Still undergoing both PT for the shoulder and OPT for the hand. Amazing how you go from driving yourself to surgery and signing all the papers to losing your dominant hand when you wake up in recovery. But I am dealing with it day to day!
carlsmom

Post by carlsmom »

hello everyone I m fairly new to this I have 21 yr old son with rt. bpi.. God Bless each and everyone of you this has been very difficult for us.
carlsmom

Post by carlsmom »

oh his injury 3/29/07 auto accident avulsion of c7,c8and t1
Dianna williams

Post by Dianna williams »

hi it has been a long time, since 2002 since i have been on here,
Errett my son was the one with the injury, but he got 90% recover back, and while i'm here, i'm proud to say He (Errett) just got his college dergee to be a history teacher/coach,
he was hurt 10/31/1997, surgery 4/7/1998, relessed from doctor David Kline and Robert Tiel on 2/23/2002.
i was just called from a friend and her graddaughter was hurt in a car wreak, and has the same injury Errett had and was asking me question, so i got back on here,
Brandon_3

Post by Brandon_3 »

Been off fighting the war on terror. Not...!My name is Brandon I live in Washington state I have RBPI due to a severe mountain bike accident in Maui, Hi. Nice to see so many ppl like me.
kmartens

Post by kmartens »

New to this as of today,developed LBPI after I was t-boned in my door 12/6 of this year and have a C5-6 herniation... looking for answers before I see the neurosurgeon in 3 weeks...