RMcD house fee

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
felicia

RMcD house fee

Post by felicia »

Does anyone know what the suggested donation fee is for the RMcD house in Camden? (I know the one on Long Island asks for $25 a night.)
Thanks
Felicia Mom to Olivia 25 months LOBPI
melnruss

Re: RMcD house fee

Post by melnruss »

The Shriner's cover the cost of your stay. You can make a donation if you'd like

Melinda, mom to Brendan ROBPI
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

I don't recall there being a "suggested donation amount" at the Camden Ronald McDonald House. Afterall, it wouldn't really be donation then would it? Any amount that you are willing to give is accepted there, and appreciated. Afterall, they give you great accommodations, food if you'd like, transportation to and from Shriner's if you'd like, and gifts for your child upon leaving. They are a wonderful organization who would take anything you'd offer them I am sure.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, almost 5 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
LoriV

Post by LoriV »

When we were there they asked for $15 per night. Shriners will usually pay this for you, although you can always make an extra personal donation if you would like.

They will ask you for a deposit on the room key. I think it was $5 or something like that. You get it back when you turn your key in at the end of your stay.
angelsmom

Post by angelsmom »

Just got back from there last night. Yes there is a $15.00 a night fee (go though / call/ the transportion at the hosptail ahead of time,they most likely will pay for it. Yes they do ask for a 5.00 key depoit but you get that back when you leave. I have to say this was the most AWSOME place to stay!!! each room is done up diffent. Angelina and I were put in the Wizard of OZ room, i don't like the movie, but LOVED the room it was great, the people were even better. We took lots of pictures of it and the whole place , hosptail and her surgey... it was a tendon tranfer. Everyone made it so nice and easy to deal with everything ! GOOD LUCK :)