new comer

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
rtbmab91

new comer

Post by rtbmab91 »

My name is Melissa and this is my first time to "interact" with parents in the same situation that my family is in. Our son was born July 3, 2001 with Brachial Plexus and had his first surgery January 2002. He is doing remarkably well. He is scheduled for his second surgery July 31st. I would just like to take this time to say "Thank You" to all of you that have shared your stories because they are very informative and it is always a blessing to me to know that we are not the only ones going through this ordeal. Please add Cody (our son) to your prayer list. Thank you.
rtbmab91

Re: new comer

Post by rtbmab91 »

His first surgery was the nerve grafting and his second surgery is for the muscle. I not sure of the exact names. We live in Mufreesboro, TN which is right outside Nashville. Cody's previous surgery was done at TCH in Houston by Dr. Laurent and Dr. Nath and his second surgery is scheduled at TCH again.
christy

Post by christy »

Welcome Melissa. Sorry you had to hang around so long without posting but mostly I am sorry your lovie is going through this. Good luck on the surgery and hope the results are what he needs. Keep us posted. Is it the mod?
TNT1999

Post by TNT1999 »

Hello, Melissa. Welcome (but I'm sorry you "need" to be here). I'm glad that you've found some helpful information here. I hope all goes well with Cody's surgery. Please continue to post here and be sure to keep us posted about the surgery. I'll include Cody / your family in our prayers for strength and wisdom to make and carry out the best decisions we can for our children. In our experience, the secondary / Mod Quad surgery was not as difficult for Nicole as the primary surgery was. I've also heard many parents say the same thing. Hopefully, you'll say that too someday. Please post any ?s that come to your mind. I imagine you have lots of ?s esp. with surgery coming up soon. Take care. -Tina
rtbmab91

Post by rtbmab91 »

I appreciate the information you shared. I am glad to hear that the secondary/Mod Quad will be easier than the first surgery he had. Right now my concern is how much of his upper body will be in a cast and how long he will have to wear the cast. Because he will be in the cast the hottest part of the year.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

My daughter, Catie is scheduled for Mod Quad surgery on July 15th. She's 9 months old. We were shown the splint and told that she would wear it for 3 weeks then an additonal three weeks only at night.
I can understand your concern about how hot it will be in the splint. We live in New Orleans, LA.

Best wishes to you and your family!
Sandy Dansby