Forearm Osteotomy

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
sheri.roesler

Forearm Osteotomy

Post by sheri.roesler »

Hi, Just got back from a Dr. Eval and he suggested a forearm osteotomy for Joshua. Just looking for information - I'd love to hear if your child has had this surgery and what kind of results you have seen with your child. I know they are all different, but would like some input. Thanks!
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Re: Forearm Osteotomy

Post by hope16_05 »

What are they suggesting to gain from this and how old is Joshua?
Amy 20 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Taneesha

Re: Forearm Osteotomy

Post by Taneesha »

The forearm osteotomy was one of the easiest things that my daughter has been thru. The surgery was easy and she didn't experience any pain from it. She had to wear a cast for a few weeks after it. The results from the forearm osteotomy have been wonderful. We have no regrets and my daughter is thankful and pleased that it was done because it helped her tremendously. She didn't lose any function from the surgery at all.