New Roll Call...

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
stanleyars
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I have a LOBPI. No surgeries were performed as the injury was not well known at that time. In 2007 I found this website and was able to put a name with my injury. I debate having surgeries but have never seen a doctor for my injury. The secondary strain on my body has finallly caught up with me. I am only 26 and can't explain the amount of pain I feel in my back or shoulder to none BPI people. They do not understand the physical strain. I was blessed with a beautiful baby boy 10 months ago.....but he has become to reason for much of my pain. I will take pain any day then give up motherhood!

Re: New Roll Call...

Post by stanleyars »

I am Amanda, 24 years old, LOBPI, no Horners that I am aware of, Female
smith727

Post by smith727 »

Scott Smith, 36 years old with a right side obpi.
Chris88
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI C5 to C7
No operations to this point.

Post by Chris88 »

I have LOBPI, No Horners, 37 years young, male.
"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do the best of which you are capable."
Coach John Wooden
patpxc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C-5 and C-6. Unable to supinate. Contracture elbow. Wrist bone underdeveloped.
Can raise forearm to mouth level. shoulder is limited in movement. Unable to put arm behind back. Secondary- early arthritis, carpal tunnel, pronator syndrome,scoliosis

Post by patpxc »

Pat
Age 54
ROBPI
No Horners
I think I beat Kath for secondary injuries
2 grown kids
one beautiful 7 year old granddaughter
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Pat
Come to camp and we can compare.
I'm still older... LOL...

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Amber

Post by Amber »

I'm Amber...and I'm new to this board! I'm a 20 year old college student from Oklahoma and I have a ROBPI. I don't think I have Horner's.
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Welcome, Amber.

I'm glad that you found us, but sorry that you needed us. I'm Joanie. I've already signed in on this roll call, but I wanted to welcome you to the UBPN message boards. I learned from Carolyn that you can post on any message board, and that there are no dumb questions.

Joanie, LOBPI, 58 years
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Welcome Amber
I'm glad you posted and happy for you that you found UBPN while you are so young.
If you have any questions at all post them.
Even is something seems silly it really is not!
There are no silly questions here.

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Beckyerin

Post by Beckyerin »

My name is Becky, 27, from Oreland, Pennsylvania. I am ROBPI. I don't think I have Horners but My face is asymetrical a bit.

Just graduated from OT school and hope to be of some help to those with disabilties of all kinds.
CSMITH

Post by CSMITH »

HELLO
MY NAME IS CONNIE I AM FROM MISSOURI. I AM A MOTHER OF TWO ONE WHO IS AUTISTIC,AND MY DAUGHTER, A VERY SMART GIRL. I DO NOT HAVE HORNERS AND I AM LOBPI.I AM ALSO A LITTLE NEW TO THE BOARDS.I DON`T POST MUCH.BUT HAVE LEARNED A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT.