Happy Mothers Day!!

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
racinjason75

Happy Mothers Day!!

Post by racinjason75 »

To the special moms who give so much more everyday taking care and comforting these brave little rascals as they battle this injury.

My hat is off to you too, for the love,patience,understanding and huge heart that it requires to live day to day...your special and your kids love youmore than you know...more than they know!

Happy Mothers Day!!!

God Bless

Jason
Mare

Re: Happy Mothers Day!!

Post by Mare »

Thanks Jason and I to would like to wish all the other Strong brave moms out there a Happy Mothers Day we've been through alot and deserve this day more then anyone.
Happy Mothers Day Mare& Frankie
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Thank you Jason, that was so sweet of you !!
And to all the others....HAPPY MOTHER's DAY !!!

GAYLE
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Thank YOU, Jason! It means alot to me,personally to have another "Rascal" tell me this sweet wishes.

YES, YES, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, Y'ALL G-R-E-A-T MOMS!!
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Happy Mother's Day - Late!

I hope everyone had a great day. I made it a Mother's Day weekend!

As an OBPI mother with lot's of hindsight I felt I deserved it for 40 years of hard work with 3 children and 5 grandchildren.

As an OBPI child, my thought were very much of my own dear, sweet Mother.
Thanks to her perseverance and gentle prodding ( sometimes nagging) I was able to be a confident mother.
It never once dawned on me that I might not be able to do it.
I am sure now she knew it would be hard on me, at times, but never let me think I would not be able to handel it.
Looking back it was her confidence, in my ability to do anything I set my mind to, that made me fell confident that I could handle motherhood.

She was and is still my HERO!
She never once complained about the work I brought into her life... she only told me about her joy at having a little girl.

Hope everyone took time to remember their Mother's and appreciate all the work and times they annoyed us with PT/exercise and loving nagging.
If they did not put that time and energy into us we would not have made it in this world.
Especially those of us who are older and were told we had a "rare" birth injury.
They had no real help, support or directions.
They were left to follow sometimes poor advice and follow their gut.
I marvel at the way my Mother followed her instincts and how many things she did that still are part of todays OT/PT proceedures.

I know some feel their parents made mistakes but we should remember they did the best they could with a huge lack of support and information on OBPI.

Kath robpi/adult 67
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi