Pictures or experience with TIRR

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
francine

Re: Pictures or experience with TIRR

Post by francine »

hi sally - scan the pics and I'll put them up on the site so that people can see... thanks!

francine@injurednewborn.com
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

If anyone else would like to share, you are welcome to email me if you do not feel comfortable posting here. Thanks so much for the info and would love to hear from anyone who would like to share!
Hannahsmom

Post by Hannahsmom »

I also can not compare because I have never been to TIRR- only twice to TCH. My daughter just had Mod Quad last month and at the last minute ( 2 weeks before) they asked us if we would mind switching to TIRR. I had read some postings and talked to a friend whose son had his CAPS surgery at TIRR and decided to request TCH - which is where she had her primary and where we felt comfortable.
The new wing at TCH is awesome and the private room is very nice. The nurses are very attentive and child friendly and Rose our OT was so sweet. There is a play room on the floor and a library where the kids can get books and videos and a VCR in every room If you have any doubts-I suggest that you reqest TCH. They may move your surgery date a few days up or back, but if you and your son feel better- it's worth it. Good luck to you and Peyton.
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

bringing back to the top of the list.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

my son jacob is 8 now. he had his mod quad at 4 in tch and his cap at 7 in tirr. dr nath performed both procedures (who is a guardian angel for our children) and nancy was our ot both times as well. by comparison i was greatful we were scheduled at tirr the second time around. the waiting room was private and only other bpi families were there to talk to (only 4 surgeries were scheduled) whereas at tch it seemed there were 50 children and parents in one large holding area with chaos everywhere only adding to the tension. the recovery room was the same story. at tirr our room was ready, spacious, quiet, yet jacob was never forgotten by the staff. only once did i have to ask for pain medicine. they even had pet therapy delivered to all the rooms and jacob got to pet a skink (some king of lizard) and a hedgehog and boys love that. it helped him adjust better to the idea of surgery because all he remembered from the first one was the pain and the splint. he may have another surgery this summer for his dislocation and it will be at tirr. thanks for listening angela