TERRIFIED TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Amy Clark

Re: TERRIFIED TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY

Post by Amy Clark »

I would definately encourage you to have another child if it is really what you want. Don't let your fears hold you back. You do, however, as others have already said, need to find a doctor who understands your concerns and is willing to work with you in whichever way you choose.

I went on to have two other children in the three years following my daughters birth. We have chosen to face her surgeries and therapy as a family. Our two young sons come to all of Lexi's appointments. They were there when she had her surgeries. They are her best friends and, I think, the best therapy she could possible have. She is their little mother and is learning to handle life in a way that I don't think she could as an only child. But I don't say that to say everyone HAS to have other children. Just that it was the best decision for our family.

I had c-sections for my two sons. Both were difficult recoveries, but well worth the comfort of knowing they would not face the injury Alexis has. I can't imagine life without them. You can have that too; just face your fears, follow your heart, find a good doctor, and GO FOR IT!!

Love and best wishes, Amy Clark
mlynn

Post by mlynn »

THANK YOU ALL I THINK IT WOULD TAKE EN YEARS! I WOULD LOVE TO ADPOT. I HAVE AN NEW OF AND HE SAID THAT IF I HAD A PREGNANCY IT WOULD HVE TO BE BY C SECTION HAS ANY ONE HAD A VAGINAL BIRTH AFTER A BPI INJURY?
Miah's Mom

Post by Miah's Mom »

Hi! Sorry I haven't been here in a while.

I did have another baby vaginally after a bpi child.

For us, it was wonderful, and I would do it again.
There are of course a lot of factors involved, not to mention the physical and emotional stress. If you would like to chat more or have any ?'s please email me anytime. tonyahorsecrazy@fuse.net
No matter what you decide, you are not alone, and there are many here that care and will offer support.
Many prayers. Tonya
georgia's mom

Post by georgia's mom »

I like others can understand your dilemma. I had a 9 lb. 2 oz baby that was 3 weeks early that suffered a RBPI injury. My husband and I both for a while thought we would only have 1 child until Georgia started older. We decided to try and get pregnant again. I found out I was pregnant the day we were leaving for Texas for Georgia to have surgery. When we got back from Texas, I started asking around to friends what OBGYN they went to because I was definately not going back to the doctor that delivered my daughter. I got all of my medical records from my past doctor and made an appointment with a new OB for my initial visit. At the first visit I was very clear in telling them what happended and that I was not going thru that again. I requested a c-section from the beginning and didn't waiver in that thought the whole pregnancy and at every visit. Since my daughter was 3 weeks early and big, my new doctor told that unless around the time of delivery this baby was measuring small that they would grant my request. The entire pregnancy I measured 2-4 weeks earlier and ended up having a healthy 8 lb. 15 ounce boy again 3 weeks early. My experience this time around with recovery was much quicker. I'm not going to lie my stomach hurt like crap for 2 weeks but after that I felt better each week. I can definately understand your fear but one thing to help you overcome that is the end result...a new baby. When I see my son crawling with no difficulty and using both hands I know I made the right decision, I just wish my daughter would have been that fortunate.
Maybe you could meet with an OB prior to getting pregnant and talk with them about a c-section. Tonya
joseph

Post by joseph »

Hello,
I have two boys and always wanted two boys and one girl. My second son has BPI. I am scared to have my third not because i'm worried about another BPI but because I was also injured. My son is now 9 months old and I am still having complications due to my injury. My pubic symphasis, the cartilage between the hip bones in the front, seperated at least 2 inches. That is what the x-ray said on the fourth day after delivery. I'm so scared that the bones will separate again just from carrying. If my husband and I do decide to have another go, I will be demanding a C-Section. But we are also entertaining the idea of adoption (guaranteed girl!!)
Breonna, Joseph's mommy LOBPI
clannes

Post by clannes »

I know the feeling and what you are going through. But believe me that another baby can really bring new joy to your family and help your baby/child become more confident.

When Amanda just turned 2 I got pregnant again. We did want another baby but I had a lot of fears. But there was one thing that I had my mind and heart set on: I wanted a C-section.

Isabella was born a beautiful and healthy baby. Today she is 16 months old and Amanda is 4 years old. They are very close and Amanda is very happy with her baby sister.

I can assure you it was the best decision we made!

Cristiana (mother of Amanda)