Anyone in Washington State

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Brenda

Anyone in Washington State

Post by Brenda »

Hello? I would really like to get together with other parents here in Western Washington. I am new at this and have a 4 month old daughter with bpi. I live in Mt. Vernon, but as I travel to Children's in Seattle every week, I would meet just about anywhere.
Kristie

Re: Anyone in Washington State

Post by Kristie »

Brenda,
I just moved from Washington State!!! I miss it so much! There is a support group there... here is a link the the web site of the co-leader of the group:
http://webpages.charter.net/pferg/ The group is called Helping Hands... you will find info on it towards the bottom of the page.
I hope you can get hooked up with others close by! I was living on Whidbey Island and also traveled to Children's for their BPI clinic. My family still live in Washington so maybe we can get together sometime!
Blessings,
Kristie
Jodi

Post by Jodi »

Brenda- I live in Washington. We live in Quilcene it is close to Port Townsend. I think we are maybe 2 hours away from you.
Do contact Peggy Ferguson her email is pferg@charter.net. She know where people in the support group live. We have been talking about planning a picnic or something for this summer. My phone # is 360-765-4365 if you feel like talking and my email is robnjodi@olypen.com. My daughter is 3 1/2 and has a erbs palsy of the left arm.
Email me or call anytime.
Jodi
Sheri

Post by Sheri »

Brenda,

This is my first time on the message board. I have an almost 2 month old daughter with a LOBPI. We live on Mercer Island (just east of Seattle) and went to Children's for an evaluation when our daughter was just 3 weeks old on April 16th.

It would be great to talk with you and meet you. Fortunately we don't have to go back to Children's until the next BP clinic in July. We are doing therapy with her arm and are meeting with an OT in Bothell on a weekly basis.

Annie is showing great progress and we are hopeful that she continues to recover. The doctors said she won't need surgery, but its still stressful not knowing how much she will improve over time.

I am planning to return to work 2 days a week in the middle of June, and I get emotional just thinking about it.

If you would like to email me my email address is sheri_davis@hotmail.com. Best wishes.

Sheri