Reiki?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Allison

Reiki?

Post by Allison »

I'm going to be taking a reiki class in 2 weeks. Not to sure what to expect. If anyone would like to share their thoughts or experiences with reiki therapy I would greatly appreciate it.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Reiki?

Post by admin »

I'm showing my ignorance here, but what is it????
aliwarren

Post by aliwarren »

Hi Allison, Alison here. I have had a few sessions of reiki. It is very soothing and relaxing. The therapist doesn't actually touch you, but hovers above areas, and they draw on the energy of the universe. It is quite weird & I was sceptical, but my reiki therapist started at my wrist and when he got to where my injury was, he 'hovered' and it felt as if he had put a hottie onto my arm. I walk out of there as if I am flaoting an a cloud..it is good. I have also heard about vibrational therapy where you go into a heated pool & they use some form of vibrations on the areas that have been damaged. So go and enjoy it - I find it very relaxing...

Ali
francine

Post by francine »

WARNING: RELIGIOUS CONTENT

Reiki is a form of 'hands on healing'. It is VERY spiritual work. Your hands get hot because God's spirit is coming through your hands to heal.

What happens in a class is that you are attuned - this means that your own energy system is expanded so that you can accept more of God's spirit within yourself. There are three attunements and each time, your body is cleaned out more so that you can accept more. But the class itself is usually a bonding experience with others going through the same process and other holistic aspects are taught at the same time (the attunement is actually a fast process). You will feel a vibration and a heat come through your body when you are attuned. You will also detox a lot in the first couple of weeks after so drink lots of water.

If you are open to it, Reiki can be life changing. As open as you can get is the factor of how 'deep' you will go in your Reiki.

I've been a Reiki master for 7 years now. Maia is conscious of it now and knows exactly when I am doing it and sometimes she tells me to STOP and sometimes she wants more and more. It's so interesting that she is so aware of it. (brings a smile to my face)

Enjoy your class and have fun 'feeling the buzz'.

I'd love to hear more afterwards, :) and Allison - who is your teacher? I know of one pretty well known person in your area.... is it Hannelore? (or one of her students?)
francine

Post by francine »

BTW - Allison - I'd be happy to do some Reiki on you at the picnic. (...and anyone else that would like it)

Allison

Post by Allison »

Hi Francine,
I didn't know you were a master of 7 years! COOL!!! A woman by the name of Lynn Long is teaching the class. She lives in Bethlehem. I am very excited about this class. It starts one week after Ohio. Do you feel it has been beneficial to Maia?
Missy

Post by Missy »

I had Reiki done a couple of weeks ago. It was an amazing, calming, warming, soothin feeling. I was still feeling the effects of it several days afterwards. The Reiki Master's reading she did of me was incredible. I'm thinking of taking a class at the end of June...pretty expensive though.

Good luck Allison..you'll love it.
francine

Post by francine »

Missy

Level One should be somewhere between $75 and $125

Level Two should be somewhere between $75 and $250

Level Three - Master Level should be somewhere between $250 and $500

(much different then when I took it) (and two years prior to when I took it it was about $5000! )
francine

Post by francine »

I guess I have one more thing to add....
and it's hard to put this to words so bear with me.

No two people do Reiki alike. Because no two energy systems are alike.

So if you get Reiki and you don't seem to get anything out of it.....try someone else....it may make a world of difference.

And on the other hand - the more open minded you are to receiving the work, the more you will receive.

I don't know if that makes sense....well if it will it will and if it wont don't worry about it...lol

I'm wondering if we should have an 'alternative healing' chat in the chatroom once a month or so...anyone want this?

-francine
Allison

Post by Allison »

Count me in. I haven't been to the chat room yet. It's Wednesdays at 10:00 pm right?
You mentioned detox before. Should I drink some "naturally clean tea" for a quick detox?
When you are using Reiki energy, do you feel drained afterwards?