SARO Brace

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
AlannahD
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 7-year-old granddaughter, LOBPI

SARO Brace

Post by AlannahD »

What does the SARO brace after TT help, and how long will it have to be worn for? Thanks - CMB
Lauren (Brooke's mom)

Re: SARO Brace

Post by Lauren (Brooke's mom) »

It helps hold the shoulder in the correct position post surgery. It needs to be worn for a year at nigh to prevent regression.

Lauren
(Brooke's mom/2LOBPI)
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

The SARO splint is the same thing as the gunslinger splint except it is really well made, well padded and is very adjustable. It's also more lightweight and has lasting power. They make it out of cool looking plastic with designs in it. The padding is well made with sewn edges. It just looks very well made. I'll see if I can get a picture of that splint for you.
Karrie&Kyle

Post by Karrie&Kyle »

Hi Fran,
Is this SARO splint taking the place of the thera tog strap that we were told could be worn at night after the TT surgery? What postion is the arm in? Just curious if this is something new and better they have come up with. Who designs this splint and is it automatically given to the children who are having the TT surgery? It is worn for a YEAR after the surgery....WOW, that is a long time. If you could, I would definitely like to see a picture of this. What happens if the child needs the forearm osteotomy a few months after coming out of the gunslinger splint. This is what they are saying about Kyle. Thanks.
Karrie in Maryland
Lauren (Brooke's mom)

Post by Lauren (Brooke's mom) »