Triangle tilt surgery

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Karrie&Kyle

Triangle tilt surgery

Post by Karrie&Kyle »

Hello everyone.....it has been so long since I have been here. Don't have a computer anymore. Anyway, Kyle will be going for the triangle tilt surgery with Dr. Nath. Would like to here back from anyone who has had this. Would really like to hear from Peyton's mom (I think her name was Marnie). Also would like what ever info you could pass along about going to Hermann' Hosp. Which hotels are the closest(within walking distance)to the hosp. What should we expect when we get there. Whatever you can think of. It has been 5 years since we went for his last surgery. Thanks for anything you can offer me. Blessings to everyone!
Karrie in Maryland
Marnie

Re: Triangle tilt surgery

Post by Marnie »

Hi Karrie. I am hear. Do you have specific questions? You can email me at marnieharding@yahoo.com. Peyton did have the triangle tilt surgery but has regressed, in fact Dr. Nath said that Peyton's scapula is more elevated now than it was before the surgery. He is suggesting that we redo the surgery. We haven't made any decisions and probably won't in the near future. Email me and I will help in any way that I can.
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

meant to say I am here.
Olivias mommy

Post by Olivias mommy »

Hi!

Olivia had the Triangle Tilt surgery 11/15/06, and it has been wonderful so far. At first I was disappointed- I wanted immediate results that I did not get- but now we are to the point where I literally see improvement EVERY DAY. She is doing great, and I am very hopeful for the future. Dr. Nath has prescribed the SARO brace for Olivia- which it seems like he is prescribing for a lot of these kids (heads up- without ins it costs about $900). I dont really know if that is because she is having regression or just a precautionary measure- but she is making excellent progress!

We stayed in the Marriott Residence inn- it is not really within walking distance, but they have a shuttle to and from the hospital and Dr office, and they give a reduced rate to Dr Nath's patients. Plus, they have a free hot breakfast and Dinner! It was great.

Good luck with the surgery.

Veronica
Mom of Olivia, 34 months, Bi-OBPI
Mare

Post by Mare »

Herman Hospital was great the nurses are so sweet. The kids can get food 24/7 frankie woke up from surgery at 2 am wanting chicken fingers and they got them. There are Gold Fish in the rooms Frankies was named Nemo he was to old for the play room but there were little kids in wagons going back and forth. Also the hotels all offer free shuttle service to the hospital and all doctors offices. Go to Dr Naths web site there is a few listings of hotels that give discounts to Dr Naths patients we stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott it was like $50 a night there are 2 Queen beds a kitchen a living room a pool and they serve a buffet breakfast and a happy hour buffet everyday they were really great making sure we had everything we needed. Also there is a limo driver named Eddie he gets you at the airport and takes you to the hotels for the same rate as a cab he was also very helpful carrying luggage getting us through security without having to search frankie due to his huge splint he was just wonderful his number is 713-679-0010 or email legacy.limo@hotmail.com Good luck Mare
Mom2Michael

Post by Mom2Michael »

Hi, Karrie!

Michael had the TT just about a year ago and is doing very, very well. I am more than happy to share any part of our experience with you.

I have some pictures online of our trip (meeting with the OT, Dr. Nath's office, pre-and-post-surgery, pics of the hospital, etc.) They are here:

Pre-post surgery and some clothing pics:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/vie ... &uid=19496

Having fun around Houston and meeting with another child having the TT at the same time (can't say enough good things about doing this):

Doctor and therapist visits (including pics of making the splint):

And map of the medical center (it helped me to visualize where everything is):

Hermann is in the upper left corner of the map. The hotel where we stayed is at the intersection of Fannin and Holcombe (Holiday Inn Hotels and Suites). It is one of the ones that Dr. Nath has/had a special rate with. The Residence Inn isn't on the map, but they all have shuttles (as I'm sure that you know). This time, we had more trouble with having to wait to go somewhere, but not tons. Dr. Nath's office is within walking distance of the Holiday Inn (albeit a longish walk) as is a CVS and a pizza place.

Again - anything that I can do to help - please don't hesitate to ask! You were a source of support and help to me a couple of years ago when we met in PA (whether you knoew it or not!) and I'd love to try to repay the favor!

Sally (in MD, too!)

P.S. I'm more than happy to share before and after pics of Michael, too, if you'd like.