TES machine

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Michelle Gordon

TES machine

Post by Michelle Gordon »

Hi there. I am in England at the moment and have an appointment on Thursday at The Lindens Clinic in Manchester to have an EMG done and get this machine set for me to take back home to South Africa. Here is the website address for anyone who wants to find out more about it. My physio in South Africa suggested that I contact them.

www.dianafarragher.co.uk

I will post news on Friday when I will know more about it.
spinkydee

Re: TES machine

Post by spinkydee »

Hi...I'm eager to hear results
Michelle Gordon

Had my appointment, was very impressed with the physio at the clinic. They did a surface emg to test the level of nerve function and the condition of the muscle, its is a darn side better than being poked with needles! The machine is a four channel trophic neuromuscular stimulator, so eight pads in all. They are placed on my bicep, deltoid, rhomboid and trapezius muscles. Started with the first program, which will last for 3 months - 3 hours per day which can be broken up, so will do an hour in the morning and 2 hours at night. This is to build up the red muscle which is the first to break down through lack of use or complete disruption of nerve supply. Obviously the results won't be immediate but I am hoping that it will stop the atrophy. Let me know if there is anything more you'd like to know? Cheers, Michelle
WillSC

Post by WillSC »

Michelle,

What degree of BPI and resultant atrophy must be present for the TES to have an an effect on atrophy. My main problem is my left shoulder girdle easily fatigues. I still have atrophy but it is improved some. Thanks.

Will
tinachick

Post by tinachick »

Hello all. I am a little lost here. Is this something new? I am a TBP girl for 8 1/2 years now. Still after all this time Im frustrated as anything. I have my shoulder and elbow with limited arm function. My hand is whats really bothering me. I can make a fist but I cant open it. I'd like to find out more about this. Is it similar to electric stimulation. Any info is appreciated.
Michelle Gordon

Hi there

I have printed out both replies to my posting re TES machine. I am going to physio this afternoon and will ask my physio about it and post some answers to your questions this evening. Thanks. Michelle
Brandon_3

Post by Brandon_3 »

Hi Tina my name is Brandon and I am in a similar situation. I just sent you an e-mail and I am wondering the same things.
Sincerely
BRaBBiTT
tinachick

Post by tinachick »

got your message. i responded. im waiting to see the posting.

michelle,
thanks for printing the emails and asking. i appreciate it.