Outreach sightings yet?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Logan'sMom

Re: Outreach sightings yet?

Post by Logan'sMom »

We just received our copy yesterday!

Crystal
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Kate
You made me laugh!
My husband and I made an agreement 41 years ago.
I would raise the children he would work earn the money and it was my job to spend it! It works for us... LOL...
I forgot when I worked I spent that money too!
Still no outreach here in NY!
Kath (adult/robpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Still no outreach here. Boo hoo !!! What is wrong with the mail system. (Oh, that is right it is run by the beloved government.)

Nancy, I have decided to start the long walk from Illinois to Ohio, so that maybe I too can get my copy of OUTREACH BEFORE the next one comes out !!! LOL

I know it is bulk mail....but did they have to put it in the mail sack of a dead snail? LOL

GAYLE
B.V.

Post by B.V. »

no fair Kate and Tom! You got yours in So. Cal and I didn't!
Still waiting.

BTW- why is it that junk mail arrives so much faster than anything you're expecting or waiting for?? oh and the bills come pretty fast too!
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Finally got mine today in NY! Wow, Marieke! I'll keep the secret for now. And to everyone else who worked on and is featured in Outreach this time, great job.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 4 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

:) thanks! The wait is killing me too! I can't wait for others to get the mag and see what the secret is...!
marieke
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Marieke
I know the secret -
As a board member I have seen Outreach but not received the fully printed magazine yet here in NY...
So I guess bulk mail takes longer to get to the lower Hudson Valley of NY.

How much will you pay me not to tell Carolyn... LOL...
I am sure if she knew I knew all this time she would have been nagging me... LOL.. via e-mail.

It's worth waiting for thanks to all those who participated.

Kath (Robpi/adult)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
marieke
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

haha, yes I know you know the secret Kath. And hmmm.. payment to keep you quiet.. LOL. It's kind of fun driving Carolyn nuts but boy am I ever going to get it. Hehe, I am not worried!
But yes, thanks to those of you who are keeping it under your hats until a few more get it.
I can't wait, but looks like I will have to wait until AFTER Christmas!
Marieke :)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

COme on the is not fair. I only have one more day to get OUTREACH and then no mail for 2 days....boo-hoo !!
I don't even remember it being this hard to wait for SANTA. Maybe I am getting inpatient in my old age. LOL I find it hard to believe that bulk mail takes this long. Hopefully, I get mine in the mail tomorrow.....if not I will cry !!! LOL GAYLE

P.S. How are you guys finding the smilies...I used to be able to find them and now they have disappeared, and no I have not yet started on the EGG NOG !!!!!
marieke

Post by marieke »

Hehe, lucky you get mail on Saturdays.. we don't.

The smilies I make myself, I know the short cut. For the happy face you type a : then a ) together they make a :), for a sad face you type : and then ( = :(

Marieke

Message was edited by: marieke
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI